Winning, *Worst*press, Water, Wilco….

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on May 26, 2015

Really impressed with how the Giants stepped up yesterday, tired as heck and down 4-1, and still figured out a way to gut out a win. I was driving home yesterday and got a chance to listen to the entire game on the radio. Realized I hadn’t done that in a while. Jon Miller is still the best radio guy in the business, in my opinion….

I’m going to take a time out from complaining about the shit service that is wordpress and give a shout out to my main man in Houston, Wilco Joe. I pray the worst of the weather is missing you, your family and your friends. Check in when you can and tell us everything is ok in Wilcoland.

_________________

finally…..victory.

victory

1. wilcojoe said, on May 26, 2015 at 6:38 am

Thank you Flav, we are all fine. Houston is pretty used to this kind of thing but I still can’t remember a spring with this much rain and I have lived in Texas since 97. Austin took it on the chin. Some pretty remarkable pictures of downtown haunts that I used to call home are completely under water. However they were going thru a historic drought so when things clear up this will end up being a good thing. Wish we could send some of this your way.

• tomthebeekeeper said, on May 26, 2015 at 4:23 pm

…it’s too bad excess rain can’t be diverted… California can sure use it… it’s also too bad that southern California may be returning to what it once was, a desert…

2. wilcojoe said, on May 26, 2015 at 6:44 am

Things were so bad in downtown Houston last night, they were urging fans at Toyota Center to stay in their seats until it passed. They ended up staying for a couple hours and some members of the Rockets, including Dwight Howard came out to interact with the fans. Fortunately the Warriors team hotel is one block away, so I am sure they were able to get back without any issues.

3. Flavor said, on May 26, 2015 at 7:06 am

great to hear from you, my man. Stay safe, sounds like this isn’t over yet.

4. vogelsheiner said, on May 26, 2015 at 7:40 am

meanwhile, pols in Texas Okla and other red states will continue to insist climate change is a hoax.

• Carstie Clausen said, on May 26, 2015 at 8:23 am

The fun’s dirty mentalists, Pineywoods pentycoastals, Backwater Badtists, “Christian” Zionists, Dominionists and all will say it’s God’s punishment for gay marriage and believing in global climate change.

• giants54 said, on May 26, 2015 at 8:53 am

Don’t know why anyone woukd have issues with Aoki.
        don’t like the .312/.391/.412 line? Nori has been fantastic, the anti-mcstiff.

• giants54 said, on May 26, 2015 at 8:54 am

O, wrong spot.

• tomthebeekeeper said, on May 26, 2015 at 7:39 pm

…I haven’t heard anyone say that, Carstie… ‘cept for a few folks on msnbc…

• tomthebeekeeper said, on May 26, 2015 at 4:25 pm

…I don’t know of anyone who is refusing to admit that the climate is changing… the objection is that it is a man made change…

5. willedav said, on May 26, 2015 at 8:30 am

Nice shut down by pen yesterday. 5 ground ball outs from Affeldt, followed by 2 more no hit innings from Strickland.
    Brewers hit 3 HRs off Lincecum but that was end of their offense.

Didn’t see any of it, but box says SF got 13 hits and 5 walks despite Panik Pagan and Belt 0-11 with 2 walks.
    Good to see Susac get a couple hits. I really believe in park factor and the way Giants have hit in places like Coors, Cincy and Milwaukee reinforces it.
    As much as it kills me to say it, Aoki is rolling after a slump. 4 hits and a walk from lead off guy makes big difference.

• zumiee said, on May 26, 2015 at 9:26 am

It’s nice that he hit another HR, too. I like what he can do with the slap-hitting, but I’m glad that it’s not always just the slap-hitting. He’s able to turn on some inside pitches once in a while. There’s just always going to be some quirkiness to his game, it seems like. Recently he had another near-collision in the outfield, this time with Blanco. I don’t know what’s going on with that, but he’s got to call for the ball louder.

• Lurker John said, on May 26, 2015 at 10:16 am

He also hits a lot of balls hard the other way. See my 10:15 below for my take on that. He’s a good baseball player.

• zumiee said, on May 26, 2015 at 9:28 am

And this could totally just be my imagination, but it seems like, to me, he’s being more selective at the plate lately, more willing to draw a walk. Maybe it’s influence from playing for the Giants. The Giants’ hitting environment has really changed over the course of the last several years. Much less hackers in the lineup, and more people grinding the pitchers’ pitch-counts.

• tomthebeekeeper said, on May 26, 2015 at 4:26 pm

…Aoki has been a real nice table setter… the whole team is hitting well… we should be able to do even better when Cain returns… WAS wonderin’, did Cain hurt his forearm because he no longer had to adjust to pain in his elbow?

• tomthebeekeeper said, on May 26, 2015 at 4:28 pm

…glad to see Strickland back in the pen… it’s always good to have someone for the late innings who can bring the heat…

6. zumiee said, on May 26, 2015 at 9:29 am

And….
    Save the Flap!!!

• tomthebeekeeper said, on May 26, 2015 at 4:27 pm

…definitely!! The Flap has to be saved… been a constant reader for several years… y’all add a lot of insight and knowledge that just can’t be gleaned from articles…

7. Carstie Clausen said, on May 26, 2015 at 9:39 am

Chicks love the long-ball, so they say. But dingers and taters ain’t everything. Some stats: Twelfth in HRs with 33, but with the highest BA in the NL with a nifty .274, which includes a raft of starters above .300. Tied for first in MLB with Detroit for base hits with 438. NL leading also in triples with 13.

Since the beginning of the Cincy series when SF was #14 in the NL in runs scored, there have been a few explosions. Giants are now up to a respectable 6th in the league with 189. Giants are 9th in doubles with 76 and combined with the HRs and 3Bs are now up to a very respectable 5th place in slugging percentage with a dead even .400.

With a .335 OBP the team comes in 2nd behind the LaBumbos in that critical category. All those ducks on the pond along with long-counts are wearing opposing starters down at a near-record clip.

Defensive metrics are difficult to measure in total objectivity. Safe to say, though, that SF sports one of the best overall defenses in the league. The IF is tight. The OF is quick and possesses some pretty good arms.

Ultimately pitching rules. Currently SF is 6th in the league in ERA, having suffered the occasional blowout. Missing two members of the rotation for what will soon be the first third of the season and experiencing an abraded bullpen, that current 3.76 ERA does not look too bad.

Overall, with the 7th best record (a tie) in MLB, the Giants are right back in the mix for yet another October experience.

8. willedav said, on May 26, 2015 at 10:03 am

Also good to see they scored so many runs without Posey in LU.
    That used to be deal breaker. And he can reach RF seat here in Milwaukee.

Peavy in Sac for rehab start(s). On side note I see Mets mgr. Collins says that when Gee returns from DL in week or so they will go to 6 man rotation. Hmmnn.

9. blade3colorado said, on May 26, 2015 at 10:04 am

What’s not to like with Aoki Willie? Dude is more then adequate in the field and he knows how to hit or as Zum alluded to, one less “hacker” in the LU. Also, Aoki has not been in a slump. Check out his game log. He hasn’t had more then one 3 game consecutive stretch without a hit. Yep, all season long he has had NO MORE then gone one game without a hit, besides the aforementioned 3 game stretch on April 23rd, 24th, and 25th.

• willedav said, on May 26, 2015 at 11:02 am

Early part of May he scuffled. by May 9 he hadn’t had a walk all month, OB had dropped from .400 to .350. He lost some playing time to Blanco. He went through a stretch of 3-22 and 4-26 with 1 walk and BA was down to .276. I remember seeing something like this on cbs game tracker during one of his ABs.

Hey, at that point I figured he’d continue to slide and get back to .700 OPS like he had last year.
      To his credit, he has played well, and as Zumie mentioned, taken more walks and shown some line drive pop.
      I’m still skeptical it continues, but he’s run Pagan off any hopes of regaining lead off spot.

• blade3colorado said, on May 26, 2015 at 11:16 am

Huh? He had 8 days without a walk, not a month . . . Moreover, his walk rate is fantastic and is going to shatter all of his previous season walk totals if he keeps up his current pace. His season on base percentage (OBP) will also shatter his previous season efforts (.391). In my opinion, he has been outstanding all season for us – especially the early part when the team was scuffling overall. We’ll just have to disagree . . . 🙂

10. Lurker John said, on May 26, 2015 at 10:15 am

Aoki’s been awesome Giants54. He doesn’t just dink and dunk like Ichiro did quite a bit of the time, he seems to square a lot of pitches up and really drill them. He’s been really good so far.

11. Lurker John said, on May 26, 2015 at 10:19 am

The Giants have done a good job so far this year of taking advantage of the NL’s hitters park, where they can really make some hay. The offensive numbers look really good and are getting better. Number 1 team BA in the NL. Not bad.

12. Flavor said, on May 26, 2015 at 10:44 am

Hey Willie D– do you remember a Warriors player from the late 70’s/early 80’s named Raymond Townsend? He just gave me an American League All Star jersey. He actually gave it to my buddy who is married to his daughter but when he saw it didn’t fit him he gave it to me. Hella cool guy.

• sandog said, on May 26, 2015 at 11:01 am

OF COURSE, Willie will remember Raymond Townsend. UCLA guy, who I seem to remember had a bit of a career, but didn’t become the star some people envisioned him becoming.

• willedav said, on May 26, 2015 at 11:06 am

Yeah definitely. Use to run a league/clinics in south bay that were very well rec’d according Asian league guys. UCLA years, yeah seemed like he had potential of so many of their great guards.
      Might not have been up to physical grind.

• Flavor said, on May 26, 2015 at 11:33 am

I knew you’d remember him! This American League All Star jersey is sweet. It’s from 2013. I’m gonna wear it to a July 4th party this year. WillieD— do you remember Clifford Ray’s last season? When he quit with 2 games to go?

• willedav said, on May 26, 2015 at 12:03 pm

Nah, not really. Warriors bigs after Cliff Lee and Nate were big disappointments. How could you give Adonal Foyle $1 mil, as opposed to like $90?
        Ray had the awesome game face but not a lot of skills. Even the Chief in his early days as a Warrior had terrible footwork and lost the ball half the time they threw it to him.
        And drafting a stiff like Todd Fuller with 9th pick in the draft, ugh.

Blade, when Aoki struggled start of May I figured he had shot his wad with one good month and it was back to reality of last year numbers.
        Hasn’t happened, at all. I give the guy credit. .800 OPS sustainable? we’ll see, but he has taken over leadoff and shown some pop…sure he is happy to be here and playing regularly.

• Flavor said, on May 26, 2015 at 12:06 pm

I’ve been trying to find someone who remembers that Ray story and no one does. Can’t find it on the internet, either. I am going to ask Townsend and see if he remembers.

13. Irish Kevin said, on May 26, 2015 at 10:56 am

I am a little behind on the news, so if this was already known…Ishikawa has been DFA’d? Wow.

• sandog said, on May 26, 2015 at 11:09 am

Yeah, the Giants channeled their inner Bill Walsh over the weekend and cold-bloodedly cut loose a couple of significant vets. It was gutsy stuff, and probably the right thing to do.

• Irish Kevin said, on May 26, 2015 at 11:39 am

Sometimes management needs to be cold blooded. Winning is top priority. Not a players security.

14. Flavor said, on May 26, 2015 at 11:00 am

Attention: an actual live wordpress employee has contacted me! She requested that I send her a screen shot of the payment which I just did. Stay tuned!

• willedav said, on May 26, 2015 at 11:09 am

we’re hoping strategically applied Louisville unnecessary to improve view of same.

15. pawliekokonuts said, on May 26, 2015 at 11:34 am

Glad to know wilcojoe and family are fine. I was in Houston in 1977. Some storms! Plus, with unrestricted, no-zoning growth, the floodplain has nowhere to drain.

Regarding Worstpress, hope it is all resolved. Yesterday, it sounded as if James might be our Flap expert on such matters.

16. dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 26, 2015 at 11:42 am

Following on what Stix was saying, I liked the article linked below. The club has addressed the issue at 3b that is brought up. I won’t bring up the Belt playing like an All-Star comment but the key takeaway for me: “They’re second in the NL in batting average, fourth in OPS, fifth in team ERA, and first in shutouts. They’re firing on all cylinders and making their move up the standings.” Humm baby.

• zumiee said, on May 26, 2015 at 12:00 pm

Yeah, Duffy’s was the key hit yesterday, IMO, the bases-loaded single. He stepped up to solidify his hold on thirdbase. He’s not a power guy, in general, but has a knack for hitting the ball hard. And the Giants get more power from shortstop than a lot of other teams.

17. zumiee said, on May 26, 2015 at 12:02 pm

The big revelation over the weekend was Strickland. They guy pitched great, and gives us a flame-thrower out of the pen. He improved his stuff over last season, or at least it looks that way so far.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 26, 2015 at 12:13 pm

Yeah, I haven’t seen many games lately but I tuned in just in time for the last out of the 9th. That 3rd strike from Strickland seemed to just disappear.

• tomthebeekeeper said, on May 26, 2015 at 4:31 pm

…if I remember correctly, his primary problem was with left handed batters getting a better ‘view’ of his fastball…

18. chipower9 said, on May 26, 2015 at 12:03 pm

Thanks for the share, Dirt. Good read…

19. chipower9 said, on May 26, 2015 at 12:06 pm

Not sure who brought it up on the last thread (maybe G54 and agreed to by Loo), but the point was that Pagan needs to be dropped from the 3 hole. I don’t get it. His line from the 3 hole this year:

40 games started – 163 AB, 16 runs, 52 hits, 11 RBI, .319, .347, .399, .746.

Sure, I would like to see his OPS a bit higher, but this team is not a slugging team. We all have discussed how the team was built to keep the line moving.

I personally think Pagan has done great in the 3 hole and believe he should stay there.

• djloo27 said, on May 26, 2015 at 3:23 pm

He has been great Chi, but 11 RBIs and no homers just ain’t cuttin’ it for a 3 hitter…

• giants54 said, on May 26, 2015 at 3:40 pm

Pagan was only there with Pence out. Now it’s time to hit him 6th. But I can see them not wanting to mess with angel’s ego.

• chipower9 said, on May 26, 2015 at 4:01 pm

I suppose I am not so much a traditionalist when it comes to these things. I am more into results, and right now, the Giants are clicking. Pagan was given a day off today, and I think much of that was his recent 0-7 over his past few games. But I could see dropping him to the 6 hole, too. My concern there is the same as mentioned by G54…in wondering if Pagan’s fragile ego could handle the move. Whatever Bochy comes up with, I support…the dude has proven that he knows how to run a club, and deal with the personnel issues that are all a part of that.

• tomthebeekeeper said, on May 26, 2015 at 4:32 pm

…other than Pence or Belt, is there anyone else who might do well in the 3-spot?

20. dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 26, 2015 at 12:38 pm

Callaspo torpedoing the ATL/L.A. deal makes for some good schadenfreude.

• Carstie Clausen said, on May 26, 2015 at 2:55 pm

Uribe will not be a happy camper in LaLaLand, knowing he was the one headed out for Collapso.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 26, 2015 at 3:25 pm

Maybe. Uribe is a pro’s pro though. As long as the clubs are open on the next roadie he’s all good.

21. Flavor said, on May 26, 2015 at 12:42 pm

if you get a chance and you want to see what victory looks like, read the screen shot I just popped into the main thread.

• blade3colorado said, on May 26, 2015 at 12:54 pm

Happiness Engineer? Just the way my mind works, but if it was me – I’d tell her to come over to Casa Flavor and discuss exactly what amends she can make to ensure you are completely happy about this ordeal. 🙂

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 26, 2015 at 1:18 pm

If you’re going to be a Happiness Engineer, Victoria is a good name for it.

• Bozo said, on May 26, 2015 at 1:21 pm

I wonder if Victoria, the only person that works for WordPress, was also the only Expos fan?

• chipower9 said, on May 26, 2015 at 1:49 pm

Victoria – Happiness Engineer. LMAO. Hey, at least they straightened that shit out. I would say send her over and she can help straighten out a few other things, but hell, she may look like Broom Hilda in the flesh!

22. eddacker said, on May 26, 2015 at 1:25 pm

Magnus and the ladies, looks like he finally made contact with the right customer service person.
    And a freebie to boot. WTG. And the flap lives another day.

Gigantes, every way winners!

23. alleykat69 said, on May 26, 2015 at 1:35 pm

Say Chi,,,
    McDP has accepted his demotion to the Rivercats, thought that would make you excited in case you go, to give the Flap the latest 6-4-3 call updates…

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on May 26, 2015 at 1:49 pm

lqtm

• chipower9 said, on May 26, 2015 at 1:52 pm

Kat – thanks for the heads-up. While I only live an hour away, I don’t get over to many Cat’s games. I do like to get out there, though, as Raley Field is a great little minor league yard, and Sactown is a fine place to catch a baseball game on a warm summer night. I would not make a trip specifically to see Mr. Buzzkill, though…hell, I didn’t even get out there when Pence was on rehab. 😉

• Irish Kevin said, on May 26, 2015 at 4:49 pm

I was at the Cats game on Sunday, was tempted to yell at Sanchez that he should be able to hit every at bat since he has been up to the big boys team. But I held my tongue!!

24. eddacker said, on May 26, 2015 at 1:46 pm

Nice of Google to honor California’s own physicist, American astronaut and a sweetheart.

Support women in science:

• chipower9 said, on May 26, 2015 at 2:03 pm

I like a brainy gal. I also like one who does more than fill up her bra and panties…you know, one that brings a little heat to the party. As John Lennon penned…Happiness is a Warm Gun…

• chipower9 said, on May 26, 2015 at 2:03 pm

Could not resist, Flavor. If this offends anyone or is clogging the blog, I will happily remove it.

• tomthebeekeeper said, on May 26, 2015 at 4:35 pm

…definitely doesn’t offend me!

25. chipower9 said, on May 26, 2015 at 2:07 pm

El Caballo Loco gets the day off…

BrewCrew pulling a Tony LaRussa with the pitcher hitting 8th…

1. Nori Aoki (L) LF
    2. Joe Panik (L) 2B
    3. Hunter Pence (R) RF
    4. Buster Posey (R) C
    5. Brandon Belt (L) 1B
    6. Brandon Crawford (L) SS
    7. Gregor Blanco (L) CF
    8. Matt Duffy (R) 3B
    9. LHP — Madison Bumgarner (5-2, 2.84)

• tomthebeekeeper said, on May 26, 2015 at 4:37 pm

…THAT IS an awesome line-up, ain’t it?

26. chipower9 said, on May 26, 2015 at 2:12 pm

Wilco – glad to know you and yours are okay. Stay high and dry, brother.

Long Live the Flap! Viva Victoria!

• wilcojoe said, on May 26, 2015 at 2:26 pm

Thanks Chi!

The Flap has been saved. Best news since Macgowan swooped in to keep the Giants in SF.

27. zumiee said, on May 26, 2015 at 2:14 pm

The Warriors franchise over the years has won three championships so far. Here’s a list of all the NBA champions’ number of championships, listed by the current location of the franchise. The Lakers have almost caught up to the Celtics. And the Knicks, for all the Willis Reed mythology and hype, have won two, count’em, two.
    Celtics- 17
    Wizards- 1
    Hawks- 1
    Thunder- 1
    Trail Blazers- 1
    Milwaukee- 1

• djloo27 said, on May 26, 2015 at 2:54 pm

The best thing about winning a small number of championships is that they are extra special if you were lucky enough or old enough to have seen them. For aging New Yorkers, nothing could ever top those 69-70 Knicks. I even tell long suffering Met fans that if they saw ’69 or ’86 they should never complain.
      Think a Laker or Celtic fan can instantly identify title # 12?

• Carstie Clausen said, on May 26, 2015 at 2:59 pm

My interest in the NBA peaked and ended in 1960 when at the age of 15 i attended a Lakers’ game in the old downtown Minneapolis Armory. Seem to recall Elgin Baylor played for them then. Cost me 75 cents in real silver coin.

• djloo27 said, on May 26, 2015 at 3:07 pm

I’m surprised Baylor didn’t draw you in for good…

28. unca_chuck said, on May 26, 2015 at 3:07 pm

Iirc, Cliff Ray lost most if his playing time to Joe Barry Crapola. Al Attles didn’t take his complaining abou it very well. Cliff was old and tired, and just bailed.

His claim to fame was saving the life of a dolphin at marine world in redwood shores that had swallowed a nail that got stuck in the dolphins throat. He had the longest arms of anyone in the immediate vicinity so he pulled it out.

Well, that and winning the NBA championship in1075.

• blade3colorado said, on May 26, 2015 at 3:29 pm

That sounds like Clifford (Mom’s gf dated him back in the day) . . . Met him once and he was a very nice guy. However, I didn’t know the story about the dolphin swallowing a nail. Great story Chuck!

• Flavor said, on May 26, 2015 at 4:52 pm

so CHuck, you remember him leaving too? I got in a debate with someone at work about this. THey said that even though this supposedly happened in the late 70’s there would be record of it somewhere. I couldn’t find it anywhere but my memory is positive that he quit the last 2 games of his final season. I’m open to the idea that I’m wrong about this happening but still, I really think it did

• blade3colorado said, on May 26, 2015 at 5:11 pm

I remember it Flavor and have been looking for the last half hour to find some sort of evidence of it online. Nothing yet.

• Flavor said, on May 26, 2015 at 5:54 pm

dude, you have no idea how stoked I am that someone else remembers this. I thought I was cracking up

• alleykat69 said, on May 26, 2015 at 6:04 pm

Remember Ray quiting on the team as well the last 2 games.
        Gave some lame ass excuse to leave the team, he just didn’t want to be there in the end..

• blade3colorado said, on May 26, 2015 at 6:06 pm

I have gone through SI, San Jose Mercury, and SF Chronicle . . . Latter 2 want money for archive search. Zero results.

Plenty of shit on him saving the dolphin though. Hilarious. 🙂

29. Flavor said, on May 26, 2015 at 4:49 pm

So it turns out McGehee had an option left? Why wasn’t this known already? Why tell us he’s designated? Or is that just something the beat writers jumped on? Also, Ishikawa being designated irritates me. I kinda understand it but still. And the Giants are paying both those guys 6 mil to do squat.

30. pawliekokonuts said, on May 26, 2015 at 6:13 pm

I second that emotion (as in wilcojoe’s 2:26 post).

31. alleykat69 said, on May 26, 2015 at 6:18 pm

Duffy!!! Big Fly
    Straight away Center Cut!!
    Man these guys are hitting the shit out of the ball.. 5-0 should even be more..

32. Flavor said, on May 26, 2015 at 6:27 pm

AlleyKat, CHuck, Blade and anyone else who remembers Ray quitting on the team with 2 days to go, please chime in. THere is nothing about it in any archives I can find and it sounds like Blade is striking out, too. But multiple people remembering this will aid my argument with my buddy at work tomorrow who thinks I made this shit up

33. sandog said, on May 26, 2015 at 6:46 pm

I don’t remember Yohan quitting early, but I have never followed the Warriors that closely. The bolt story is legendary and I think we covered it before in great detail here on The Flap. I was sure I saw Cliff Ray hit a 3 toward the end of his career, but basketball reference says he was 0 for 2 lifetime on 3’s.

• Flavor said, on May 26, 2015 at 6:50 pm

well now you’re making me think I’m misremembering….fucking back to square 1!!!!!!!!!!!

• sandog said, on May 26, 2015 at 6:52 pm

Chuck already confirmed it Flav! You are golden on this one. Don’t back down!

• Flavor said, on May 26, 2015 at 6:54 pm

this debate I had at work stoked some fun trips down memory lane. MIchael Ray Richardson, Bernard King, etc…..My favorite basketball player of all time is World B. Free. I used to say his name inside my head every time I took a shot in junior high. It was a 3 part shot sequence (stop-set-shoot/World B Free) and I swear to god it helped me make shots.

• pawliekokonuts said, on May 26, 2015 at 7:21 pm

When with the Nets, Micheal Ray Richardson got outta rehab and changed the spelling of his name, or said it was the original spelling, to Micheal. Right. Chime right in, Loo. Am I right, or what.

• djloo27 said, on May 26, 2015 at 7:30 pm

I just remember his famous comment about the state of his team: “The ship be sinkin'”

• Lurker John said, on May 26, 2015 at 8:51 pm

World B. Free, one of the great streak jump shooters in NBA history. He was Lloyd when he came into the league and nobody could elevate for a jimmy like he could. When he was hot, watch out, the shots would come raining down in torrents, high arcing rainbows that hit nothing but the bottom of the net. He was fun to watch and a true character of the game. Nothing boring about World B.

34. Carstie Clausen said, on May 26, 2015 at 7:31 pm

Precognition is a mighty strange phenomenon. Simply knew that Belt was gonna hit one out. Didn’t feel he might ~ just knew he would. Fact i wasn’t even watching the screen, but clipping a fingernail and looked up afterwards and the score was 6-3. Get those quite a bit with Belt, mostly when he’s gonna strike out with ducks on the pond. Occasionally get them on a double. This may be the first time simply knowing it would be a dinger.

Weird, huh?

• pawliekokonuts said, on May 26, 2015 at 7:33 pm

just as weird is that I believe ya!

• unca_chuck said, on May 26, 2015 at 9:44 pm

Funny I said to my son, he’s gonna jack one. Boom.

35. pawliekokonuts said, on May 26, 2015 at 7:35 pm

Can’t say why or how, but this team reminds me of the 2012 team….let’s take the NL West by storm!

• zumiee said, on May 26, 2015 at 7:47 pm

They’ve put themselves back into play for the division title. The division had a chance to bury them early, and the Giants fought their way through that. Very impressive.

36. willedav said, on May 26, 2015 at 7:49 pm

It was cool to try and imitate some NBA guys, but Free and his kick out the legs J was impossible.
    Also tried to do the Pearl Monroe’s spin move fadeaway to not much avail.

Guy’s name I was looking for earlier as Warriors good post guy was Clyde Lee, big white guy out of Vanderbilt.

Um, and I’d like to know what city they were in when Kings franchise won NBA title…I’m guessing Rochester.

• zumiee said, on May 26, 2015 at 7:57 pm

You are correct!

And one of the 76ers’ championships was when the Sixers were originally a Syracuse team.

• pawliekokonuts said, on May 26, 2015 at 8:40 pm

The Syracuse Nationals, 1955 Champs, with Dolph Schayes, Billy Kenville, Paul Seymour, Earl Lloyd…

• pawliekokonuts said, on May 26, 2015 at 8:42 pm

Danny Biasone, the Nats’ president, is credited as being one of the inventors of the 24-second clock; there’s a “ticking” monument downtown.

• zumiee said, on May 26, 2015 at 8:47 pm

Very cool. The 24-second clock was a brilliant idea. The number seems perfect. Just like the pitcher’s mound being 60 feet, 6 inches from the plate. The perfect distance. Can’t be improved upon.

37. zumiee said, on May 26, 2015 at 7:51 pm

Something I’ll never get about Blanco (and, yeah, I’ve said it before)….the odd moments he chooses for fake bunts. The count was 0-1, and on the next pitch he shows bunt, and pulls the bat back and takes strike two. Huh?? What is the point of that? I’d love for a beat reporter to ask him or Bochy about it, but of course they never do. Then on 0-2, Blanco strikes out on a high fastball. The at-bat just felt like a give-away at-bat.

38. zumiee said, on May 26, 2015 at 8:09 pm

Wow, Aoki. I like you, but I just don’t think your baseball IQ is super high.

39. alleykat69 said, on May 26, 2015 at 8:12 pm

Wow,Aoki’s brainfart getting picked-off while he was already in scoring position,just cost Posey a chance to extend his 17 hitting streak..

40. willedav said, on May 26, 2015 at 8:18 pm

Luv Casilla’s breaking ball.
    Bloop hit just made things little more interesting tho.

41. Macdog said, on May 26, 2015 at 8:19 pm

Yeeeeesh. For a sec off Miller’s call, I thought that was gone.

42. zumiee said, on May 26, 2015 at 8:42 pm

Cue Bachman-Turner Overdrive, “Takin’ Care of Business.” Nice job of it by the Giants so far in Milwaukee.
    Doesn’t look like the Giants will get any help from the Braves vs. the Dodgers.

• pawliekokonuts said, on May 26, 2015 at 8:43 pm

and we can’t expect Kershaw to implode in a non-playoff game

• Macdog said, on May 26, 2015 at 8:46 pm

Hey Pawlie, you’ll like this. My favorite subhead to correct tonight about taking dogs to restaurants: Eat Fido, eat

• pawliekokonuts said, on May 26, 2015 at 8:57 pm

vocative comma issue? hey, you coming up for yer annual bash?

• Macdog said, on May 26, 2015 at 9:02 pm

Don’t know yet. Only shot I’ll have is August.

43. Irish Kevin said, on May 26, 2015 at 9:22 pm

It was just reported on KNBR that McGehee was struck out by Barry Zito. And the hits just keep on comin for Casey!

• Lurker John said, on May 26, 2015 at 9:27 pm

Two worlds colliding. lol

• Irish Kevin said, on May 26, 2015 at 9:39 pm

If Casey is trying to get back up to the Giants, he is doing it all wrong.

44. sandog said, on May 26, 2015 at 9:43 pm

I remember watching World B Free once on Mazda Sportslook, getting interviewed by Roy Firestone. I guess it was known that World and Dr. J had a cool relationship back on the Sixers. Firestone asked World about Dr. J and he replied “sometimes he’s a sometimes person.” I was watching with my college roommates at the time and we were probably stoned out of our minds. We thought it was the greatest line of all time and have been using it around one another ever since.

• James said, on May 26, 2015 at 11:06 pm

Even better:

The New York Times

September 23, 1981, Wednesday, Late City Final Edition

Sports People;
      Ray Passes Physical

SECTION: Section B; Page 6, Column 6; Sports Desk

LENGTH: 106 words

Clifford Ray, a free-agent center with the Golden State Warriors, has passed a physical examination, clearing the way for his tryout with the Phoenix Suns. …

• blade3colorado said, on May 27, 2015 at 8:36 am

This is gold James! Good job 🙂

45. snarkk said, on May 27, 2015 at 12:25 am

I don’t understand this DFA/ option thing with McDP — suddenly now he’s just optioned to AAA and only has to stay there for 10 days, so He could come back soon and have platooning hanging over Duffy’s head? Huh?…