Captain Queeg or Yasiel Puig?

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on December 11, 2015

I have always thought Puig was overrated and more hype than production. This article details just how screwed up and dysfunctional things have gotten in LA. Man, I hope they keep this guy. 🙂

_______________________

Warriors are going to lose tonight in Boston. There. I said it.

1. sfsarge said, on December 11, 2015 at 6:43 am

From the sound of things, that asshat is going nowhere. And that’s a wonderful tbing, I hope he stays a toys r us kid…the Warriors will win if Klay plays tonight and has a decent game, it’s gonna be a shootout for sure. D. Lee will light it up tonight

• unca_chuck said, on December 11, 2015 at 7:11 am

D Lee won’t do jack against our D. Well, provided Klay is out there. I Thomas is no slouch and if Boston gets rolling they are hard to stop. His D is what will be missed most should he sit.

2. Flavor said, on December 11, 2015 at 7:16 am

D-lee barely plays for Boston. But I do think tonight is the night for the L. Long road trip, now probably without Klay and def Barnes, playing a decent Boston team in their house. It’s over tonight I think.

3. xoot said, on December 11, 2015 at 7:27 am

Sounds like Puig and Turner could provide some entertainment. Puig has been known to forget the number of outs and to fire cannon-shot strikes at IFs who’ve just turned to trot off the field at the end of an inning. Wonder how Turner would respond to getting buzzed that way?

4. Lurker John said, on December 11, 2015 at 7:46 am

“He is the worst person I’ve ever seen in this game,” one ex-Dodger who believes Puig is beyond redemption said flatly. “Ever.”

I fucking love it. Dubs roll again tonight.

5. alleykat69 said, on December 11, 2015 at 7:47 am

Puig really needs a big brother to help guide him.
    I recommend Johnny “Tequila Manziel” for support..

• chipower9 said, on December 11, 2015 at 9:49 am

LMAO…I can just see Puig and Manzel knocking back shots together. Priceless.

6. alleykat69 said, on December 11, 2015 at 8:24 am

Keep the turnovers down tonight,l believe the Celtics lead the league in that category, and the Dubs will take it 105-96..

7. djloo27 said, on December 11, 2015 at 9:00 am

Puig would be an awesome Giant. Kent had a shitty rep and Bonds wasn’t exactly beloved.
    Not everybody gets engaged at Disney World.

• xoot said, on December 11, 2015 at 9:31 am

That was the Magowan era. The Giants Way era (cushioned on big bags of money) started circa 2009. Getting busted for driving your Mercedes in Washington state while smoking dope, ok; assaulting your own sister in a nightclub and then duking it out with a bouncer who tried to intervene, not ok. It’s all right there in that secret book.

• giants54 said, on December 11, 2015 at 9:52 am

Big difference. They weren’t flakes and mental midgets.

8. Paul Sorensen said, on December 11, 2015 at 9:17 am

Sometime back in the mid-’60s as a little kid in Joisey, I seem to remember something happening in Philly when Richie Allen (he was “Richie” at that time) and Frank Howard got into fisticuffs in the clubhouse. Maybe even in the shower, who knows. The next day, Howard was released. I remember asking my Dad, diehard Phils fan as he was, why did they release Howard? Pops simply said, “Who’s the star? Who do you think they’re gonna keep?” Uh.. yeah. Puig’s got so much talent, and the Dogs have been trying to harness that, but if the likes of Opie and (newly departed) Greedkie (Bozo? Mac? someone coined that, I like it) are demanding action, how much longer will the Art Dealers keep him? I doubt Dave Roberts is going to “fix” him. What could? Labatomy? Bambam Muelens? Our own Big Headed Bruce? LA truly does have a dilemma on its hand about that. And whoever they add to the starting pitching is not going to replace Greedkie. The dysfunction in LA giddily continues…

9. unca_chuck said, on December 11, 2015 at 9:30 am

No way I’d even entertain the thought of bringing Puig here.

Bring on the chemistry debate! Speaking of that, where’s James?

After all is said and done, we’ll likely end up with a guy like Franklin (Drew) Stubbs.

• chipower9 said, on December 11, 2015 at 9:54 am

I had the same throught about James. Wonder if he lurks and feels he is above all the hot stove chatter. Hey James, if you are reading this, throw another log or two into the hot stove!

Get into some heavy statistical analysis and pair that with some “chemistry talk” should bring James outta the woodwork…

10. chipower9 said, on December 11, 2015 at 9:48 am

A lot of the same sentiment when the Warriors played the Pacers the other night. Decent team, their house, streak ends.

I disagree. 24-0.

11. blade3colorado said, on December 11, 2015 at 10:39 am

Cubs plus Heyward.

• djloo27 said, on December 11, 2015 at 10:44 am

Yup, and Cards supposedly hot for Gordon.
      Yo! Enis!

• unca_chuck said, on December 11, 2015 at 10:57 am

Did he get his 10/$200 mill deal? Sheesh.

Without Klay’s defense, I’ll find it hard for the Dubs to win, but I won’t rule it out.

Dubs on a buzzer beater 110-108.. . .

• chipower9 said, on December 11, 2015 at 12:46 pm

I say GS over the Celts, 100-104.

12. blade3colorado said, on December 11, 2015 at 11:00 am

Giants crack me up. They really remind me of the quote about people, “There are people so poor, that the only thing they have is money.”

13. alleykat69 said, on December 11, 2015 at 11:51 am

8/184 for Heyward just your average 23mil a season!!

14. djloo27 said, on December 11, 2015 at 12:05 pm

I think it’s gonna take at least 6/150 for Cespedes…

15. Flavor said, on December 11, 2015 at 12:13 pm

Still don’t think we are getting any of those coveted bats that are left but who knows, maybe now that Heyward fell the others will start to scatter around the league.

16. unca_chuck said, on December 11, 2015 at 3:29 pm

Klay Thompson is out tonight for the Warriors. Gonna be hard to keep the streak going without his defense.

• Flavor said, on December 11, 2015 at 3:51 pm

As I said this morning, i think the streak is over. If they can win on the road against a good Boston team starting Ian Clark and Brandon Rush then Steph Curry is an actual God.

17. Lurker John said, on December 11, 2015 at 6:03 pm

$184M for Jason Heyward?? The apocalypse is nigh.

18. unca_chuck said, on December 11, 2015 at 7:02 pm

Shit. Almost called the buzzer beater.

19. pawliekokonuts said, on December 11, 2015 at 7:10 pm

Not a new stance for me: Puig AS A PLAYER doesn’t bother me that much. I’d take him. The Giants Way would filter down even to him. Love Loo’s Disney World line at 9:00 a.m. Dying to know who the ex-Dodger quoted is.

20. pawliekokonuts said, on December 11, 2015 at 7:16 pm

Well, I was always kind of hoping to give Dolph Schayes a copy of WORLD SERIOUS over by my alma mater, Le Moyne College, where I had met him in 2012, and point out to him the passage where he is mentioned, and his love for the St. Louis Browns. Ain’t gonna happen now. The NBA great passed away at 87. They say he was ahead of his time, in his role as a power forward — and I have no idea what that means.

21. pawliekokonuts said, on December 11, 2015 at 7:17 pm

GS tied in OT???

22. pawliekokonuts said, on December 11, 2015 at 7:37 pm

Warriors!

• pawliekokonuts said, on December 11, 2015 at 7:38 pm

…this from a fan of the Celts in the days of McHale, JoJo White, Hondo, Cowens

• Flavor said, on December 11, 2015 at 8:22 pm

JoJo White. A Dub for the briefest of times. So much cocaine during those times…….

23. xoot said, on December 11, 2015 at 7:38 pm

The Warriors are a truly great team in every way. What a game.

• pawliekokonuts said, on December 11, 2015 at 7:39 pm

I be jumping on that bandwagon starting last year. I freely admit it.

• Flavor said, on December 11, 2015 at 7:39 pm

boy, you said it. Incredible. I have no idea how they did this.

24. Lurker John said, on December 11, 2015 at 7:42 pm

Double OT? Had ’em all the way. Draymond continues to prove he’s the most overlooked player in the NBA.

• Flavor said, on December 11, 2015 at 7:52 pm

felt like he had 5 fouls in the 3rd Q. HOW did he stay eligible through double OT? Just an incredible line from a beast.

25. Flavor said, on December 11, 2015 at 7:55 pm

I had no idea how incredible of a line…..
    @espn
    Draymond Green (24-11-8-5-5): Only the 3rd NBA player to ever record 20 pts, 10 reb, 5 ast, 5 blk, 5 stl in a game.

26. gianthead said, on December 11, 2015 at 8:15 pm

Close but no Warriors loss:)

27. willedav said, on December 11, 2015 at 9:11 pm

Puig won’t work here for one simple reason—it’s not the off field shit, baseball players have been acting like idiots off the field in bars and elsewhere for 100 yrs.
    It’s the on field stuff he f’s up—showing up late for games and workouts, missing cut off men, running the bases like a little league kid, striking out repeatedly in playoff games vs. Cards yada yada.
    No mgr.of any era should have to tolerate that nonsense and his teammates shouldn’t have to either.

• xoot said, on December 11, 2015 at 9:25 pm

WD, off field assaults aren’t so easily excused. See A. Chapman. Giants won’t touch that “shit.” imo. Puig’s refusal to be a pro on the field, I agree, that’s so bad it’s untouchable too.

Now, Cespedes’s addictions to cigarettes and golf — those problems may be negotiable.

• blade3colorado said, on December 12, 2015 at 6:36 am

Chapman is a chain smoker too (or he was).

28. twinfan1 said, on December 11, 2015 at 11:07 pm

Heyward is a superb athlete who has never played as well as he looks like he should. Defensively he is among the best but he’s nothing particularity special at the plate, IMO.
    Gordon is a nice player but “nice” isn’t good enough for what he’ll command. Sabes always was better at dumpster diving than he was with a no limit gold card, maybe he taught Evans the art of catching lightning in a bottle.

29. alleykat69 said, on December 11, 2015 at 11:35 pm

BF…I’m drunk as skink and its still I believe it’s Friday night but never think the Dubs will lose baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• ewisco said, on December 11, 2015 at 11:58 pm

what he said.

• blade3colorado said, on December 12, 2015 at 6:37 am

what he said.

30. willedav said, on December 12, 2015 at 6:53 am

Reading about death of Tommy Hanson at age 29 due to “delayed complications of cocaine and alcohol toxicity” I gotta wonder if a similar condition exists with Puig and is an open secret in Dodger clubhouse that mgmt. is trying to hide.

Maybe he just has zero regard for his body, is abusing it with drugs and alcohol, and the combo of poor diet and lack of sleep is taking its toll when he’s on the baseball field.

Even AGon sounds exasperated with him and he appears completely uncoachable.

As Jenkins points out today, not a good offseason for LA so far.

Twin’s probably right, maybe the deals Sabes doesn’t make help the Giants in long run.