Perfect at Being Perfect

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on December 12, 2015

Today is finally the day the Warriors will lose and I can’t even finish typing this sentence without laughing.

Last night was amazing. Draymond Green was teetering on the edge of his 6th foul for what felt like hours. And they just would not be denied. It helped a little bit that Isaiah Thomas kept trying to do his best Steph Curry impression.

They’re probably geeked up for tonight’s game in Milwaukee, right?

Ha. This is all just too funny.

Minor quibble with the *streak*. It shouldn’t be counted back to the end of last season. Different team. Different year. If that counts why don’t any of their playoff games count? Those were real games, too. So they won the last 3 games there, streak would be one less. Regardless, it should just be 24 in a row. They can still take their shot at the record, they just have a little more work to do. 🙂

___________________

Giants News: there is none.

49ers News: Jed York is still a d-bag.

1. Lurker John said, on December 12, 2015 at 9:59 am

This Warrior turnaround reminds me a bit of the Niners rising from the ashes at the beginning of the Walsh years. Unexpected and exhilarating.

2. djloo27 said, on December 12, 2015 at 10:04 am

On a slow day you can always watch this. I’m not happy if I don’t post it at least once a year.
    I could never hate Brian Wilson…

• zumiee said, on December 12, 2015 at 10:19 am

I think, in the long run, Wilson and Panda will be re-embraced by Giants fans. Time will soothe some hurt feelings on both sides. So many great memories are shared together.

• Flavor said, on December 12, 2015 at 10:23 am

totally agree, this is a great video and I actually think of you liking it when I watch it.

3. Flavor said, on December 12, 2015 at 10:26 am

Wilson gave us just about everything he had in his arm the same way that Robb Nen did. The obvious difference is that Wilson was on the hill pointing skyward during one of the best moments of my life. I have totally gotten over his Dodger-life as well as his d-bag behavior in AT&T after that. He’s one of the greatest Giants we have ever had. Pablo too.

4. Flavor said, on December 12, 2015 at 10:29 am

and that POTD is one of the funniest fucking things I’ve ever read here.

• Bozo said, on December 12, 2015 at 12:14 pm

Agreed, I loved it. Although I think It goes way past POTD, in my book it wins the prestigious OldSealsFan award. Awesome post.

5. snarkk said, on December 12, 2015 at 10:53 am

The Dubs streak is one of damndest things I’ve ever seen in Bay Area sports. The A’s won 20 in a row a few years ago, and only the A’s fans gave a S. Here, everybody is paying attention, because mainly of Curry’s exploits, IMO. But, this whole team is the definition of sports chemistry — Curry scores a ton, yet the team is all about unselfishness. You can see it when they celebrate with each other on the floor and on the bench. BTW, how is it that NBA guys celebrate a dunk or a block like crazy as it happens, and nobody on the other team gives a S, they don’t retaliate for being “shown up’? Hello, MLB players — get the “don’t show me up” sticks out of your nether regions. Anyway, I still think most of the NBA is a total snooze, a joke. But, the Dubs have me watching it just to see something crazy good every night. Dubs are looking like the ’88-’89 Niners — a machine that at top form destroys the opposition with no mercy…

• sfsarge said, on December 12, 2015 at 12:00 pm

As far as the “showing up” your opponent thing goes, from a young age when kids play basketball on the playground part of the game is who can do the coolest looking moves and make your opponent look like a fool. Serious trash talking takes place on the court and it’s part of the game, get into your opponents head so they’re off their game. Wild celebratory displays are a part of it. I do agree that baseball can certainly take a cue from the NBA in that regard. And I still think the Joey bats bat flip was a thing of beauty. Baseball players need to chill out with getting butt hurt about opponent’s celebrations.

• Flavor said, on December 12, 2015 at 12:52 pm

that’s a great point about the different culture on a playground basketball court.

• xoot said, on December 12, 2015 at 1:09 pm

basketball’s almost as close and personal as boxing or wrestling. No pads or helmets, no space. The obvious displays are only the top of the iceberg.

6. Flavor said, on December 12, 2015 at 12:57 pm

golden state is an 8 pt fav tonight. Jeez, I know the Bucks aren’t very good but what kind of legs with the Warriors be on tonight? Glad I’m not in Reno today, I might bet a boatload against them…..

7. zumiee said, on December 12, 2015 at 2:29 pm

I think the “up-tightness” in baseball is partly because it’s the only sport where an individual player gets a loss on their record. Pitchers get upset, and they have a projectile in their hands.

8. twinfan1 said, on December 12, 2015 at 2:31 pm

i predict that the Warriors will lose one game before pitchers and catchers report and Barkley will say ” I told you so! “

9. xoot said, on December 12, 2015 at 3:39 pm

Kentucky and Berkeley both won. Good start to the day. Now the Dubs, who must’ve flown into Milwaukee late last night, need to show up. btw, did Popovich really say three point shots should be eliminated? And did the NBA immediately send an EMT crew to San Antonio to pull his head out of his ass before he suffocated?

Baseball news is so quiet this seems interesting: http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/la-sp-dodgers-dugout-winter-meetings-20151211-htmlstory.html

• Flavor said, on December 12, 2015 at 4:30 pm

Not sure how it came across in print, but I listened to the interview, he was just saying he’s old school about the game. But he totally appreciates the need for it in today’s game and even attributed winning a title to sharp shooting.

• xoot said, on December 12, 2015 at 5:16 pm

I looked at the entire interview transcript. He definitely did not call for a change, for elimination of the 3 pointer. He did call it a “circus” shot, however. Meanwhile, a journalist pointed out that the Spurs put up a lot of 3 pointers to beat the Heat a couple years back. In any event, Curry’s runaway talent seems to be riling people. NYT had a great article the other day about how Stephen has completely disrupted the usual, complacent rhythms of the NBA game.

• Flavor said, on December 12, 2015 at 6:50 pm

I guess what I meant was that if you didn’t hear him say it you might come to the conclusion that he was bitter about the 3 point shot. Sure, he would rather not have it in the game but he accepts it and I definitely thinks he respects the Warriors and how they play. He’s just an old coot who likes to talk about being old school but if that’s all he was he wouldn’t have won shit. Pop’s the man.

10. blade3colorado said, on December 12, 2015 at 4:33 pm

Big props to Michael Cuddyer for recognizing he didn’t have it anymore and retiring. Always liked him (despite him playing on the Sherpas – who I despise) for his hustle. Cuddyer, a two-time All-Star, was scheduled to earn $12.5 million next season, completing a two-year, $21 million deal.

• djloo27 said, on December 12, 2015 at 4:43 pm

I doubt he’s sacrificing the whole $12.5 million. Maybe some kind of buyout?

• Flavor said, on December 12, 2015 at 6:52 pm

union will have something to do with there being a buyout. They aren’t gonna be down with Cudd just walking away from a contract with zero coming back his way.

11. gianthead said, on December 12, 2015 at 6:08 pm

Curry shot and dribbled way too much last night and that probably should have led to a loss but the Celts had some awful shots down the stretch from Sullinger, Crowder and company. And how did he not keep David Lee in that game late???

We should be OK tonight if Curry does not have try to replicate last night and moves the ball around for easier buckets…

12. zumiee said, on December 12, 2015 at 6:24 pm

Because of DirecTV’s Byzantine blackout rules, I’m watching the Bucks’ broadcast. The broadcasters are feeling an upset coming on.

• zumiee said, on December 12, 2015 at 6:25 pm

On the NBA Network.

13. Flavor said, on December 12, 2015 at 6:53 pm

Irritated that I missed out on an obvious win bet, Bucks +8. Now just have to hope for some magic to keep the streak alive.

14. blade3colorado said, on December 12, 2015 at 7:07 pm

Warriors are going to win.

15. Flavor said, on December 12, 2015 at 7:11 pm

all these bitch fans of teams going nowhere are out of their minds to see their team stop the streak. Fuck them.

16. Flavor said, on December 12, 2015 at 7:15 pm

Dubs walking dead after double overtime, a back to back, end of a 7 game roadie and multiple players hurt. And these fucking bitch fans are acting like their team is doing something special. God I hope the Warriors win this game.

17. zumiee said, on December 12, 2015 at 7:20 pm

The Warriors have to dig very deep again.

18. xoot said, on December 12, 2015 at 7:37 pm

If the Warriors lose tonight it’ll make sense, won’t mean a thing. Tough road trip they didn’t quite sweep. If they win, holy shit. But still — go Dubs!

19. Flavor said, on December 12, 2015 at 7:49 pm

totally fine with the loss tonight. Time to stop freaking out about every game like it’s a game 7. Rest. Get back into a normal rotation. Go win another Larry.

20. djloo27 said, on December 12, 2015 at 8:05 pm

UCLA is safe. I think that was 88 in a row…

21. blade3colorado said, on December 12, 2015 at 8:32 pm

Disappointed, but the championship is more important. Now, they can rest players when appropriate versus this insane desire to win every game. Great run though. 🙂

22. ewisco said, on December 12, 2015 at 8:55 pm

i found myself irritated at the fans as well. i guess that’s what you get when you’re chasing history. but it would be nice if they remembered their place too. on to the next niner victory.

• djloo27 said, on December 12, 2015 at 9:15 pm

This is all you need to know about Milwaukee:

• zumiee said, on December 12, 2015 at 11:43 pm

A history lesson from Alice Cooper; who’da thunk it?

• blade3colorado said, on December 13, 2015 at 9:18 am

Not certain, but I think he was a teacher before making music. Funny clip Loo.