For Whom the Bell Toles

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on September 1, 2016

Probably my favorite thing about twitter, besides @Super70ssports, is that I get every single mlb bomb texted to my phone the moment it gets hit. What can I say, I like to keep up with the Bomb-ez. It’s not as distracting as you’d think, my phone is almost always on vibrate or silent.

So I’m at my daughter’s back to school night and it’s grinding along and suddenly this bad boy comes across my phone screen:

toles

My first reaction was calm, I just thought “wow, that’s a lot of runs. But lemme go check the score because it’s Coors, maybe its 15-12 Rockies or something like that.” I knew we were pretty deep in that game based on what time it was. I hadn’t checked the score in at least an hour but at that time Colorado was comfortably ahead.

Head to Score app, open up Dodger game…10-8 LA in top of 9th. I thought to myself “you have GOT to be fucking kidding me!!!” which actually wouldn’t have been so bad except I didn’t think it I muttered it, fairly loudly, and like half the parents in the room whipped a look at me like I was an active shooter who had just entered the room.

Remember that gif of Fister pissed off at Gomez for that meandering attempt at a catch? I was Fister in that moment.

It was not my finest parental moment.

I don’t know about you guys, but I continue to not worry much about the Dodgers. They were a pitch away from getting swept at Coors. And while a gift blast like that might galvanize a normal team, I don’t see that happening here. The Dodgers are without a soul and completely sans heart. And if you want numbers, take a look at how many innings their bullpen has pitched this year. They are checking in at a cool 475.2, most in the NL, shockingly even more than The Reds. Nearly 100 more than the Giants. I am banking on that bullpen getting VERY tired here in September. And for a team that I don’t think is very good anyway, they will be a ripe target this month.

I’m way more concerned with our ability to pitch and hit consistently enough to catch them. Get to 90 wins somehow and we are in.

1. unca_chuck said, on September 1, 2016 at 8:17 am

Too funny, Craig! I posted nearly exactly your mutterance yesterday. And I bet half the guys in there would have felt the same way had they gotten that news. Beyond that, those parent/teacher conferences are begging for anything outside the norm so you gave the masses something to talk about.

2. gianthead said, on September 1, 2016 at 8:36 am

I awoke this morning to my oldest son telling me of this horror…F the Fodgers and Sherpas…

3. wilcojoe said, on September 1, 2016 at 8:51 am

Flav, I am so pissed off. DK is not offering college football amymore. Of course FD still is not operating in Texas.

• Flavor said, on September 1, 2016 at 9:03 am

My understanding is that neither site is offering it. DFS is now leaving all college sports alone. And that bums me out as much as it does you.

• wilcojoe said, on September 1, 2016 at 1:20 pm

That blows. College football was my best sport in terms of win percentage.

4. sandog said, on September 1, 2016 at 9:20 am

I am very worried about the Dodgers. I worry about the Dodgers even when they don’t have much talent—and this team they have now is loaded with talent. Thank goodness Greinke left and Kershaw got hurt or we’d probably be double digits behind them right about now.

I was at back to school night last night as well. The final one of my parenting career as my youngest is now a senior in high school. I get bummed out over a shit like that…

5. unca_chuck said, on September 1, 2016 at 9:22 am

Pure. Solid. GOLD!

• Flavor said, on September 1, 2016 at 9:26 am

I stared at this one for a good solid min yesterday trying to figure out why the woman on the right was in prison with 2 other dudes. Finally decided that was no woman.

• unca_chuck said, on September 1, 2016 at 9:28 am

double lulz. Sammie was caught driving over 55.

6. snarkk said, on September 1, 2016 at 9:26 am

Agree that LAs pen is suspect going into Sept, but they score in bunches and hit dingers. That helps. I’m thinking that last series at ATT at end this month may decide it…

7. unca_chuck said, on September 1, 2016 at 9:28 am

Ahhh, best thing on the internet . . . these just speak to me.

8. snarkk said, on September 1, 2016 at 9:31 am

I hope Bochy is joking saying that Cain might go tomorrow at Wrigley. We know what happened when he pitched at Fenway. The Cubs are bigger bombers than the RSox. I don’t see Suarez doing a lot better, but Cain should be a spectator the rest of the year…

• Flavor said, on September 1, 2016 at 9:46 am

Well, this is a perfect example of why he’s getting paid the big bucks. There is likely a right and wrong call here. I doubt both would get lit up and there is no way in hell both would pitch lights out. So…..I’d go Suarez, tepidly. Cain’s problem is that he’s still getting lit up in AAA. But Suarez in a big game like this….ugh, I dunno

9. unca_chuck said, on September 1, 2016 at 9:50 am

If Cain can’t get through AAA guys, the Cubs would murder him. Tepid is right, but I’d go with Suarez. He had a one-bad-inning meltdown much like Cueto’s last start.

10. Macdog said, on September 1, 2016 at 10:10 am

Four games — must be an exciting day for you DFS guys!

• Flavor said, on September 1, 2016 at 10:19 am

it’s actually only 3. First game isn’t on the slate. I love slates like this. Gives me an opportunity to experiment with LU strategy. The best way to play a day like this is to just go straight contrarian. best way to do that is to take players in the bottom third of the line ups. They get played way less than the 1-4 guys. And if a couple of the bottom LU guys pop and the “Bryant’s and Rizzo’s” fail, you win.

11. chipower9 said, on September 1, 2016 at 10:29 am

Good thread Flav…I was LMAO at your muttered words at the back to school night. What I would have given to be a fly on the wall.

Fucking Billy Goats. Last score I saw was line 8-2 Goats late in the game. I thought for sure that game was in the bag and that the Goats had swept la bambinos.

I went back and read the final comments on yesterday’s thread. Liked this line from one of snarkk’s:

“Cain pitching in Wrigley is like pumping diesel into a 80 gallon truck tank while smoking a hand-rolled Bull Durham… ” Smoke if ya got ’em!

I hope like hell Cain does NOT get a start. I think it was Loo who made the comment about NOT starting Blach, as not many rookies recover from getting shelled in their first start. I would go with Suarez. MLB still showing a “TBD” for Los Gigantes…

12. chipower9 said, on September 1, 2016 at 10:34 am

I am with Flav on not worrying about the bums. I think it might suit this team better to get in as a wild card. Still think we have a chance of winning the West, but just punch your ticket to the dance is most important.

If our boys get healthy and hot down the stretch, anything can happen.

2010 2012 2014…let’s make it Four in Seven! Humm Baby – Let’s Do It Again!

13. willedav said, on September 1, 2016 at 10:56 am

The bombs Dodgers hit have a way of making up for suckitude of SPs sans Opie and pen guys.

14. dirtnrocksnomo said, on September 1, 2016 at 12:18 pm

The reinforcement are here!

Cain
    Williamson
    Tomlinson
    Osich
    Okert
    Matt Reynolds
    Ty Blach

Color me underwhelmed. The idea that the dodgers bullpen will fall apart is something I’ve seen a couple of places. I guess that could happen but really the Giants needs to play clean baseball, relax and have some fun out there goddammit!

• Flavor said, on September 1, 2016 at 12:23 pm

I mean, are the reinforcements ever exciting? Where’s Darren Ford when we need him? They’re all just a bunch of dudes who can come in for situational shit.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on September 1, 2016 at 12:30 pm

True. I can see Tomlinson & Williamson contributing in key spots. Cain? After his quality start at Wrigley tomorrow he’ll probably fall off a cliff. The other guys? As we used to say back in the day, whoknowsya?

15. Flavor said, on September 1, 2016 at 12:43 pm

If we aren’t bringing up Ford I’d like to see Bochy wake up on the running game and use Specs for that. We need some secret weapon shit to electrify this team in some way.

16. dirtnrocksnomo said, on September 1, 2016 at 12:49 pm

Secret weapon? You mean, like this guy?

• Flavor said, on September 1, 2016 at 12:53 pm

yes. I would like Bochy to send this guy to the plate, at least once.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on September 1, 2016 at 12:55 pm

He certainly looks like he could “do some damage”. I like how the catcher isn’t even worried about taking one to the dome and is just like whatever dude. lulz

• unca_chuck said, on September 1, 2016 at 2:06 pm

What’s with the aluminum?

• djloo27 said, on September 1, 2016 at 4:36 pm

Bob Gibson and many others would have knocked this guy unconscious before he even stepped into the batter’s box…

17. dirtnrocksnomo said, on September 1, 2016 at 12:57 pm

I can’t remember where I heard it but the Giants haven’t been very good at taking the first game of a series making the subsequent games an up hill battle to salvage the set. I thought that was interesting. With 9 series in August the club took the 1st game three times. Good to see September arrive but really, Santiago Cassilla said it best “After September, there are no more months left.”

I’ve got tickets to the September 15th game against the Red Birds. Unless the club can gains some ground in the the next week it could be a big game with WC implications.

18. unca_chuck said, on September 1, 2016 at 1:35 pm

Yowza. Check out the 8th place hitter.

• chipower9 said, on September 1, 2016 at 1:57 pm

Just saw that…is this a first for Belt in the 8 hole?

• snarkk said, on September 1, 2016 at 2:04 pm

Maybe Bochy is forcing him to swing at stuff outside the zone…

19. chipower9 said, on September 1, 2016 at 2:00 pm

Just checked the splits – Belt has batted 8th in 19 games (14 starts). Really???

54 AB, .167, .274, .352, .626.

By far his worst place to hit, statistically.

Is this the equivalent for Belt of being in the Dog House?

• snarkk said, on September 1, 2016 at 2:05 pm

I’m not sure he’s ever outta the doghouse with management…

20. unca_chuck said, on September 1, 2016 at 2:06 pm

Hey, I’m sure Bochy told him he has to hit his way out of the 8 hole.

Just like you don’t walk out of the DR, you don’t walk out of the 8 hole.

21. gianthead said, on September 1, 2016 at 2:34 pm

This is when I would like to see Nunez hitting 9th then…would Belt hitting 7th then be a softer blow???

22. alleykat69 said, on September 1, 2016 at 2:44 pm

Personally I prefer the 19th hole after my round of golf I need to get my skink on…🍻🍻

23. zumiee said, on September 1, 2016 at 3:15 pm

My angst at the Rockies giving away a game to the Dodgers faded pretty quickly. I thought of how it’s really on the Giants for having fizzled away so many games since the All Star break. I’m getting tired of having to rely on the Rockies of the world to help us out these last couple of years. It doesn’t work relying on those teams for help. The Giants need to go out and win games. Man up. Either they’re good enough or they’re not. The Dodgers took 2 of 3 from the Cubs, and now the Giants are up. What are they going to do?

• Flavor said, on September 1, 2016 at 3:43 pm

great post.

• snarkk said, on September 1, 2016 at 3:57 pm

I’d say SF has a slightly tougher schedule than LA for rest of year. SF cannot get swept in Chitown, or likely the division is lost…

24. snarkk said, on September 1, 2016 at 4:01 pm

At Spring, I thought this was the most balanced squad in years. Now, it’s looking like that was a wild ass assumption…

• djloo27 said, on September 1, 2016 at 4:34 pm

Didn’t the Giants have a reliever whose name was pronounced “Wild Ass” a few years ago?

25. unca_chuck said, on September 1, 2016 at 4:50 pm

No wel just called Benitez that.

26. Lurker John said, on September 1, 2016 at 5:32 pm

Samardzija is unbelievable. Unbelievably bad. Everything he’s thrown has been as straight as an arrow. When you start giving up run-scoring hits to the likes of Jason Heyward, you know it’s going bad.

27. gianthead said, on September 1, 2016 at 5:37 pm

Just a great start Smardjaramcrappola

28. Lurker John said, on September 1, 2016 at 5:38 pm

48 pitches in the first inning. wtf

29. alleykat69 said, on September 1, 2016 at 5:40 pm

Wow Smardzalilaa threw more pitches 47( 1st freakin inning no less)then theirs post right now, that’s not good..

• djloo27 said, on September 1, 2016 at 5:44 pm

Well, he battled – limited the damage as Twin used to stress…

30. djloo27 said, on September 1, 2016 at 5:46 pm

Not a bunt situation, IMO…

31. alleykat69 said, on September 1, 2016 at 5:47 pm

Nothing good can come out of Kelly talking to Shark..

32. alleykat69 said, on September 1, 2016 at 5:49 pm

Well I’ll eat crow!
    Way to Shark!!

33. unca_chuck said, on September 1, 2016 at 6:23 pm

47 pitches is half a game for Maddux.

Wow. That was a bomb that fizzled.

34. unca_chuck said, on September 1, 2016 at 6:27 pm

Walking the 8th place hitter is a bad look Smarglebargle.

35. unca_chuck said, on September 1, 2016 at 6:28 pm

Odd that Wildass spent his whole 3 years with the Giants yet he’s in a Nats uni.

36. unca_chuck said, on September 1, 2016 at 6:32 pm

holy shit. I guess the strategy is to pipe fastballs down the middle.

37. sandog said, on September 1, 2016 at 6:42 pm

MapDawg is at the Niner game wearing his Kaepernick kiss-the-bicep T -shirt. This should be interesting.

• unca_chuck said, on September 1, 2016 at 6:47 pm

Awesome. They are showing the National Anthem for tonights game.

38. zumiee said, on September 1, 2016 at 6:43 pm

Smardj didn’t like it, but Bochy didn’t want him facing Rizzo for another AB in this game.

39. alleykat69 said, on September 1, 2016 at 7:03 pm

Kappy’s Afro is bigger then Link’s from the “Mod Squad”

40. unca_chuck said, on September 1, 2016 at 7:05 pm

Too funny. Kaepernick looks like Dr. J.

41. unca_chuck said, on September 1, 2016 at 7:19 pm

oh boy.

42. unca_chuck said, on September 1, 2016 at 7:20 pm

??? Rizzo diesn’t want to take the HBP.

43. unca_chuck said, on September 1, 2016 at 7:26 pm

Get Smith out of there.

44. unca_chuck said, on September 1, 2016 at 7:30 pm

hhoooooo

45. gianthead said, on September 1, 2016 at 7:33 pm

The biting of the snakes continues….

46. unca_chuck said, on September 1, 2016 at 7:34 pm

Fuck. So much for the droogie.

47. unca_chuck said, on September 1, 2016 at 7:38 pm

2 fucking walks.

48. Macdog said, on September 1, 2016 at 7:43 pm

Bring in enough crappy relievers and that’s what happens.

• zumiee said, on September 1, 2016 at 7:45 pm

Yeah, it’s well nigh impossible to get a close lead all the way through the gauntlet of our bullpen.

• Macdog said, on September 1, 2016 at 7:47 pm

Law on the DL is gonna be a killer.

49. unca_chuck said, on September 1, 2016 at 7:47 pm

Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft

50. unca_chuck said, on September 1, 2016 at 7:51 pm

This team is just not very inspiring right now. Although playing just .500 ball might be enough.

Can they do that?

51. mrsprtdude said, on September 1, 2016 at 7:53 pm

I know this is hearesy but watching the giants is SOOO painful. Why? They are boring. No excitement. No quality when important things happen.
    Dodgers can come back in a game. We cannot. i will be shocked if we get a hit in the 9th. If we hold to form it will take about 7 pitchers. I know we should be grateful but Posey is supposed to be one of the best players in the GAME. Not just 2nd best ops on our weak team. Fowler stupidly broke for 3rd and a throw that wasn’t 10 feet in the air gets him easily. Weak poke to 2nd with runner on 3rd. in the 1st ( bailed out by Pense HR). Now a 1 pitcher weak grounder in the 8th. he has become the quietest $20 million dollar player on earth. Head down as he jogs to first. Eli manning anyone?
    This team seems to have no life at all. This was a big game and shark not ready to play.
    Bochy managing style now is a carbon copy of Larussa. Have i mentioned I hate Larussa.
    I know I’m ranting but back to the herresy. You can’t fire the players. If this was football the coach would be on the hot seat for a lifeless bunch who under perform at all the key moments. Bochy’s lost it???

52. Flavor said, on September 1, 2016 at 7:54 pm

I’ve only heard parts of this game on the radio but a lot of the contact I heard from the Cubs seemed pretty weak and lucky.

• Macdog said, on September 1, 2016 at 7:56 pm

The 2-run single off Gearrin was a bloop.

53. unca_chuck said, on September 1, 2016 at 7:57 pm

But Smith gave them 2 walks.

54. unca_chuck said, on September 1, 2016 at 7:59 pm

Heyward’s hit was a bloop in the 1st.

• James said, on September 1, 2016 at 8:04 pm

Apparently, so was Bryant’s in the first.

• Lurker John said, on September 1, 2016 at 8:13 pm

A dying quail just over Belt’s head.

55. gianthead said, on September 1, 2016 at 8:00 pm

I’ve never seen this Edwards guy…I want an Edwards..

56. unca_chuck said, on September 1, 2016 at 8:01 pm

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzffffffffffffftttttttt.

57. unca_chuck said, on September 1, 2016 at 8:02 pm

I fucking hate the Cubs now. Fuck their fans. Fuck the singing assholes. Lucky fucks.

• Lurker John said, on September 1, 2016 at 8:14 pm

THANK YOU! I’ve been saying this for 4 months now.

58. unca_chuck said, on September 1, 2016 at 8:08 pm

What happened to Law? I didn;t even know he was hurt, then they DL him?

• zumiee said, on September 1, 2016 at 8:11 pm

He has some soreness in his elbow, I think. They immediately DL-ed him. I think that’s when Parker came up.

• Macdog said, on September 1, 2016 at 8:17 pm

He went on DL last Sunday. From Baggs story a couple days ago: Law said he has inflammation from the breaking of scar tissue, and expected to be fine after two weeks of rest.

59. mrsprtdude said, on September 1, 2016 at 8:12 pm

Can’t remember being this down on our team. Watching Giants play is the same as watching the Niners. Never thought I’d say that….

• zumiee said, on September 1, 2016 at 8:14 pm

Technically, the Giants are still in a playoff spot for the moment; but I know, it doesn’t feel like it at all.

60. zumiee said, on September 1, 2016 at 8:13 pm

mrsprtdude, I completely disagree about any chance to get Fowler on that steal of third. He got a great jump off Smith, who apparently doesn’t hold runners on base very well, in addition to all his other issues.

• chipower9 said, on September 2, 2016 at 8:10 am

I agree with you Zume…no way in hell Fowler gets nailed on that play, IMO.

61. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on September 1, 2016 at 8:13 pm

We keep waiting for this team to “turn the corner”, “find a spark”, “kick into gear” …. It’s starting to look like a LONG city block dead ahead with no corner in sight….. Kinda pisses me off, to be honest…

62. Flavor said, on September 1, 2016 at 8:20 pm

Apparently Eric Reid joined Kaep in that stupid protest tonight? Jesus, it’s not enough for my team to just suck in anonymity but now they have to be getting world wide attention for something that has nothing to do with football or the team. It pisses me off actually……
    They are getting paid handsomely to play football. And they can’t even do that right. If I were Kaep I’d focus more on lifting weights, getting stronger and trying to make the fucking team. Not all this protest nonsense……

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on September 1, 2016 at 8:24 pm

Yeah, I don’t know, *protests* are fine and even necessary sometimes when they actually might do some good and change the status quo. But WTF does he hope to change by these actions?

• Flavor said, on September 1, 2016 at 8:26 pm

i suppose if this swept across the NFL and some big change came about in regards to police brutality I would be ok with it. But why the fuck does this have to start with MY team? The Niners have enough problems, now this bullshit? All this is doing is casting a wide cloud on the team and they haven’t even lost their first game yet. Absolutely no hope right now for the NIners. As fans we don’t even get to be excited about what could be this season because Kaep and now Reid have already fucked it up with this powerless protest.

• djloo27 said, on September 1, 2016 at 8:41 pm

So if Kaep’s house was being robbed would he call 911?

• Macdog said, on September 1, 2016 at 8:38 pm

And those socks!

63. Flavor said, on September 1, 2016 at 8:25 pm

Unca you might want to check your spam filter. I tried posting something at ninersforever and it didn’t show up.

64. unca_chuck said, on September 1, 2016 at 8:33 pm

I saw it . . .

65. unca_chuck said, on September 1, 2016 at 8:45 pm

Thanks for the Law update.

66. unca_chuck said, on September 1, 2016 at 8:55 pm

Frankly I’m surprised at the shit fits being thrown around Kaepernick.

It really isn’t that big a deal.

• Flavor said, on September 1, 2016 at 9:08 pm

you think Kelly and the players are enjoying having to deal with all this media bullshit about this? Come on man, you can’t think this is nothing. They are dealing with it EVERY DAY, lol. And they should just be focusing on football. I guarantee you that some or many players resent Kaep for this and the last thing a shitty team needs is another reason to be divided. It is a WAY bigger deal than you are giving it.

• unca_chuck said, on September 1, 2016 at 9:14 pm

Do you think the other 24 Giants enjoyed the circus around Bonds those last few years? No. Was he polarizing in the locker room? Yes.

Shit happens. If these guys can’t deal with this then they aren’t men.

• Flavor said, on September 2, 2016 at 5:48 am

Dude, Kaep is hardly Bonds. We are getting fucking nada from this fuck and he’s totally fucking up the locker room. I can’t believe you think this is no big deal.

• djloo27 said, on September 1, 2016 at 9:46 pm

I would rather he just said thank you, and went on his way, Otherwise, I suggest he pick up a weapon, and stand a post…

67. zumiee said, on September 1, 2016 at 9:08 pm

We lost tonight to a guy named Joe Smith. His generic name can represent all the various ways the Giants have lost in the second half of the season so far.

• djloo27 said, on September 1, 2016 at 9:15 pm

Not the first time………Bobby Jones?

• unca_chuck said, on September 1, 2016 at 9:17 pm

We lost because of a guy named Will Smith.

• djloo27 said, on September 1, 2016 at 9:18 pm

Don’t forget going hitless for the last 5-6 innings…

• unca_chuck said, on September 1, 2016 at 9:21 pm

Yeah, burt we did have the lead.

• djloo27 said, on September 1, 2016 at 9:29 pm

Never mind what Burt thinks…

68. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on September 1, 2016 at 9:38 pm

I had an Uncle Burt. He died a few years back. Big Cubs fan. Kind of obnoxious about it. I blame him.

• unca_chuck said, on September 1, 2016 at 9:42 pm

My grandfather was a big Cubs fan. He was just obnoxious in general.

69. snarkk said, on September 1, 2016 at 10:25 pm

What’s the deal with this Smith guy in the Pen? Except for one or two outings including decent enough tonight, he’s been crap. And Sabevans gave up Bickford and Susac for this? So far, that trade has sucked big time…

70. unca_chuck said, on September 1, 2016 at 10:27 pm

Yeah, a big disappointment. Gearrin gave up the flare, but Smith walked two guys on.

• zumiee said, on September 1, 2016 at 10:49 pm

Smith walked one guy, but did a lousy job of trying to keep Fowler from getting a big jump for a steal of third. To his credit, he did get a couple of outs.

• Macdog said, on September 1, 2016 at 10:50 pm

Smith had one walk, Strick had the other.

• unca_chuck said, on September 1, 2016 at 11:02 pm

Well, walks kill. 11 hits and 4 walks in 9 innings for Smith. 1.55 whip.

• Macdog said, on September 1, 2016 at 11:10 pm

So true. I think Smith had Zobrist 0-2 but couldn’t finish him off.

• unca_chuck said, on September 1, 2016 at 11:22 pm

He and Cain have the same problem.

• chipower9 said, on September 2, 2016 at 10:15 am

Strickland also gave up a hit, and got the loss. Fuck – there was a time when I could have seen Gearrin as our closer, but seems like every time the dude comes in now, he gives up a key knock.

71. James said, on September 1, 2016 at 11:53 pm

Will be relieved merely to check the score tomorrow afternoon after my 2-3 pm meeting ends, not having been compelled to suffer through any of the game.

72. willedav said, on September 2, 2016 at 8:00 am

On coming into the game with 2 on no one out Smith struck out the dangerous Rizzo on great slider.
    After Fowler stole 3b, he got Heyward to pop out to Panik.

Yes the walk to Z was a tough one, but he was fine otherwise.
    Cubs win on broken bat base hit, not off Smith.

And yeah, as Loo pointed out, not doing anything for 5-6 innings had a lot to do with it.
    Brown was supposed to C too with Posey at 1b. See what happens with all the day games, which I’ll miss next couple days.

73. snarkk said, on September 2, 2016 at 8:03 am

Giants went O for their last 20 ABs last night. Anyway you slice it, that’s just bad ball…

74. willedav said, on September 2, 2016 at 8:03 am

As for Kap, he looked good what I saw, pleasant surprise. Appears more of them are willing to come out and do what he did; interesting to see how League responds to it if movement grows. There are awful lot of black players in the NFL that could make this bigger issue than Goodell wants in front of cameras every week.

75. chipower9 said, on September 2, 2016 at 8:10 am

MrSportsDude – re: your 8:12 post – you must not have been a fan in 1985…

But yeah, this team is becoming unwatchable. Fucking one run losses are KILLING ME!