What Should Bochy Have Done?

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on September 8, 2016

I’m as pissed off as anyone about last night’s game but I just want to defend Bochy for a minute. Who was he supposed to bring into the 9th? Casilla is still the closer and he did save the game the night before.

And Bochy DID remove him mid inning. There doesn’t seem to be much angst directed at Osich but there should be. This guy was brought in to do one job and he fucked it up. I hate Osish. He seems to do one of three things: walk a batter, strike out a batter or give up a bomb. He now seems to have added beaning batters to his “repertoire”.

So after that dumbfuck move, Bochy brings in Nathan and he does what he’s supposed to do. He gets a lazy fly ball hit to left/center field. You can question where Pagan was playing. You can question his bizarre, meandering route to a ball that HAD to get caught, but you can’t question the job Nathan did. He started Hundley off with 2 teaser breaking balls. When that didn’t work he challenged him and he got a ball hit that should have been an out.

Once the bases were loaded the game was pretty well lost. Nathan got down 1-0 and had to throw a hittable ball and it got blasted to the wall.

Now, if you say “Well Bochy should have brought Nathan in to start the inning” I am with you but that is total hindsight. Casilla had just saved the game the night before and closers don’t typically lose their gigs right after they successfully do their job.

It was a terrible inning and Casilla sucks. On that we can all agree. But I am wondering what Bochy should have done that won’t just look like you’re just “Monday morning QBing” the move last night. Ok, go….

_________________

Now, for a little perspective. Let me take you back to 2009 (morning KNBR guys reminded me of this game). Kuip’s  “this is not good, folks” game. Giants are tied with the Rockies 1-1 headed to the 14th. We go up 4-1. In the bottom of the 14th, Ryan Shitborghs I mean Spilborghs hits a grand slam to beat us 6-4. In 2009 we had nothing. At least now we have 3 in the bank. Don’t forget that when you’re walkin’ the earth this morning mumbling to yourself about Casilla.

1. blade3colorado said, on September 8, 2016 at 7:18 am

Just got off the phone with Chi. I may have coffee with him if he has time before his flight. Dude was surprisingly up beat despite the heartbreaking loss last night. Me? My back began to feel better around 7 to 7:30 pm last night and I was very depressed that I had missed the game . . . even with the loss. Anywho, I feel better this morning and hope the Giants can wash this off.

Go Giants!

• gianthead said, on September 8, 2016 at 7:45 am

Blade, sorry to hear….what happened? My parents flew in from CA last night and missed most of the first half of the game and Flap chatter…

• blade3colorado said, on September 8, 2016 at 8:31 am

Basically, getting prepared for my SE Asia trip next week. I was “jobbing out” the day before yesterday and pulled a muscle in my back. Sore as hell that evening and even worse yesterday when I called Chi and told him I wasn’t going to make it . . . Fast forward a few hours later – the back was better, but he was already at the park.

• gianthead said, on September 8, 2016 at 3:07 pm

As someone who spent 48 hours recebtly unable to move with a bad back…I feel for you…if I was there I may have stormed the field…

2. mrsprtdude said, on September 8, 2016 at 7:21 am

Great post Craig. Echos my point last night. Casilla sucks, but no else is stepping up to replace him.
    Crazy stat I just saw. Cards are 7 games under .500 at home. 15 games over on the road. Best in baseball, even better than the Cubs. Weird.
    Playoffs start today. We start with a 1/2 game cushion over both the Cards and NY.
    NY winning at a sick clip in last 2 weeks. We suck shit. If law of averages kicks in we are good:)

3. willedav said, on September 8, 2016 at 7:40 am

Giants had chances to add on too and didn’t take advantage. Crawford, much as I hate to dis the guy, has had some bad ABs lately with guys on, striking out while swinging at bad pitches.

Nunez is fine, but I’d like to see more of Parker/Mac than Hernandez. He’s a fine defensive OF but more of a Blanco at the plate. I think next year that’s his role, late inning D very occasional start.

Have a feeling Casilla has entered Benitez zone like Kat mentioned with fanbase. Tough break for Nathan, maybe he and Strick get a shot to save a game. As Mac said a while ago, losing Law hurts.

4. gianthead said, on September 8, 2016 at 7:42 am

It was a fait acompli of what the season has turned into…I think at that point he just had to see if Casilla could get out of it on his own. But likely failure as well…not on Bochy. They just suck big stinking eggs….

5. mrsprtdude said, on September 8, 2016 at 7:46 am

3 Az 3 SD 4 St L 3 LA 3 SD 3 CO 3 LA. Unless something crazy happens we are done for the div, so the 3 LA games at the end will be meaningless. That’s lame, but good. We will miss Kershaw, or get an limited version

• chipower9 said, on September 8, 2016 at 8:57 am

I have been saying for weeks that the four game set with the deadbirds is bigger than the remaining games with the bambinos. Sure looks like that is playing out. Unfortunately!

6. dirtnrocksnomo said, on September 8, 2016 at 7:56 am

The second half of this season has been one big dick punch.

7. zumiee said, on September 8, 2016 at 7:59 am

I’m done with Casilla; I’m officially boycotting him. Whenever he comes in now, I’ll avoid that inning.

8. zumiee said, on September 8, 2016 at 8:02 am

If Casilla remains the closer, Bochy wins The Failure of Imagination award of 2016.

9. Flavor said, on September 8, 2016 at 8:04 am

at this point, we probably need to win like 6 in a row so who the closer is might be secondary to how in the f**k are we going to win 6 in a row??????

10. unca_chuck said, on September 8, 2016 at 8:17 am

Steve, sorry to hear about your back. It blows big time. Got to hang with Chuck for a couple innings as my wife had a bunch of her family there. Both amazed at the tiny crowd and the lack of noise. Nice stadium though. Hard to tell the Bronco orange from the Giant orange but there were a lot of Giants fans there.

As far as Casilla goes I think Romo may get the nod next time. Fucking Osich, when he batter stepped out on him, I told Kathy, watch. This dumbshit will hit him. Sure enough. Everyone I was with were going nuts over the pitching changes. All in all it was fun, even though the ending truly sucked and Kathy’s cousin gave me endless shit on the car ride home. Yet another loss that should have been a win.

Thanks for the beer, Chuck!

• gianthead said, on September 8, 2016 at 8:29 am

Chuck, hopefully you punched him in the balls at least once…

• blade3colorado said, on September 8, 2016 at 8:37 am

Yeah, I was disappointed big time when I didn’t think I could hang in a stadium chair and then depressed when it got better a few hours later after I canceled.

I was sort of shocked by the small crowd, even with the Broncos starting their season and of course, the Rockies having another hapless season. Saw your video and watched the latter part of the game (after my back got better) – a lot of empty seats. Glad you and yours enjoyed the overall experience and stadium, which is nice. Also, happy that you were able to meet with Chi for some face time.

• chipower9 said, on September 8, 2016 at 8:56 am

Glad your back is feeling better, Steve. Gonna try and get by and see you on my way outta town. Will call you soon.

• chipower9 said, on September 8, 2016 at 8:54 am

My pleasure, Charlie! Glad we got to hang and enjoy a cold one together. It was a fun night, until the fucking meltdown in the 9th. Oh well, wash that shit off and T it up for the next rodeo. Safe travels home on Saturday, my friend.

11. djloo27 said, on September 8, 2016 at 8:21 am

Tremendous post, Flavor.
    I’m not mad at anybody – just frustrated.
    I think Bochy is now ready to do or try anything…

12. Flavor said, on September 8, 2016 at 8:36 am

Chuck you called the beanball? That’s pretty solid foreboding

13. chipower9 said, on September 8, 2016 at 8:51 am

Good thread, Craig. I agree on all points, but I cannot wait for Casilla to be GONE! And yes, I would have brought Nathan in to start the inning, but we know that is not “The Giant Way,” or the way that Bochy rolls.

What a fucking kick in the gut last night. To be there only made it worse. I cannot get on my plane and be California bound soon enough.

Sad Blade did not make it last night, but hey, when your back acts-up, if you are smart, you take notice. I am going to try and get away a bit early today and stop and have a cup of joe with him.

I am not giving-up on the season, but there is little of late to pump-up my encouragement.

Make it an awesome day, FU.

14. Macdog said, on September 8, 2016 at 8:57 am

Trying to stay optimistic:

We’re done with Coors. Next time we see the Giants play there, the Warriors likely will be wrapping up thier 78-4 season.

Giants are 6-1 in the desert — the only loss a blown lead in the 8th that Casilla had nothing to do with — and we got the top of the rotation going.

We get to enjoy at least one more full day as one of the wild-card teams.

The NFL is back. I’ll probably be switching between that and easy-on-the-eyes Caroline Wozniacki in the U.S. Open semis tonight.

15. Flavor said, on September 8, 2016 at 9:03 am

I am extremely stoked for the NFL. Without college football DFS I am focusing all my DFS attention to NFL. Anything to take my attention away from the Niners who are going to be a complete embarrassment to the region this year….

16. alleykat69 said, on September 8, 2016 at 9:08 am

What could of Bochy done???
    Start Nathan in the 9th and we would of won!!
    Fuck this BS loyalty crap is about wins down this stretch and Casilla’s “NOT The FUCKING CLOSER anymore!!!
    And if I’m Buster Posey after he shakes off my signs, I’m calling T.O. walk right up to his sorry ass face and flip him the bird!!! In any language he should know that one!!!

17. Flavor said, on September 8, 2016 at 9:12 am

you guys seem to be forgetting that Casilla has been a valuable part of our bullpen and our success for many years. I could understand the vitriol if it was directed towards a guy who has done nothing for us but fuck up games. But this guy is who has pitched for us since 2010. He was a scrap heap pick up who contributed largely to all 3 of our WS flags. He deserves our respect even if it’s time for him to go……

• snarkk said, on September 8, 2016 at 9:19 am

From now on, if/when Casilla’s brought into a key situation, and F’s up, it’s all on Bochy. Casilla is who he is right now. Loyalty time is way way done. Casilla should be shunted to mop up time, he does not need to be the topic of team conversation and consternation…

18. unca_chuck said, on September 8, 2016 at 9:13 am

Yeah great to see you, Chuck. It was almost a nice win. See ya at att some time soon. And yeah, Steve getting your health in line for the trip is job 1. 20 hours on a plane is brutal on your back. Got to get that worked out before anything else.

Just keep waiting for the team to kick It into gear. As far as the Giants and the fans, Belt make a bunch of kids happy as every time he came off the field he threw balls to them. They were all Giants fans. . .

19. snarkk said, on September 8, 2016 at 9:15 am

ABC. He should have brought in anybody but Casilla. The game before he threw a hit me curve that Arenado just missed for a home run. I’m with zum, if Casilla is in, I’m out. The guy has reached Benitez territory, without being a douche. Bochy using too many pitchers? There’s an argument for that. Maybe being constantly up and used, they are off. But, since this team can’t score, and they are either down, tied, or up maybe by one most of the time late in game he has to feel like he must change pitchers on the righty/lefty thing like he’s popping sunflower seeds. They are still mathematically in the WC, but they play like they’re not…

20. Flavor said, on September 8, 2016 at 9:15 am

31 years ago today, Rose tied Cobb for the all time hits record. I still remember opening up the Sporting Green the next day and seeing “It’s a Ty” as the headline. I thought that was a cool headline……

• djloo27 said, on September 8, 2016 at 9:45 am

This is the first newspaper headline I can ever remember seeing:

21. snarkk said, on September 8, 2016 at 9:16 am

Yeah, Osich sucks. And, Bochy knows it. Still, he brings him in a a real pressure situation. Not good…

22. sandog said, on September 8, 2016 at 9:22 am

I’m not that mad either. I simply think we lack the talent to make the playoffs. Its not that Bochy is making the wrong moves, its not that the guys are flat and/or not trying/focusing their hardest. We simply don’t have enough good players. The Dodgers have more talent than we do– and over the course of a long season that talent gap is getting exposed. Yeah, it sucks to admit that. Its much more comforting to think we simply need to find the right batting order, or the right closer, or the right thing to “spark” us back into being a winning team, but this slide has gone on way too long for me to buy any of those theories. We don’t have enough quality players, and as a result we aren’t that good of a team.

23. Irish Kevin said, on September 8, 2016 at 9:24 am

I am thinking what the hell see if Cain and Peavy can pitch the 8th and 9th

• sandog said, on September 8, 2016 at 9:30 am

….and while we’re at it, lets take this last row of deck chairs and the ping pong table and move them over to the starboard side of the ship!

• Irish Kevin said, on September 8, 2016 at 11:12 am

Damn rough crowd this morning.

• snarkk said, on September 8, 2016 at 9:38 am

PeavaCain can watch the games on the clubhouse TVs the rest of the season, IMO…

24. unca_chuck said, on September 8, 2016 at 9:29 am

Yeah, I think everyone is pretty clear that this team is going to change dramatically in the offseason. Regardless if we make the playoffs or not.

25. djloo27 said, on September 8, 2016 at 9:30 am

I’m holding out hope that the lineup is about to start really raking – almost from top to bottom – and take some pressure off the PS as a whole…

26. snarkk said, on September 8, 2016 at 9:33 am

Dawg is making good points. The Doghairs have had tons of injuries this season. They’ve brought up young guys, guys that can hit. And, hell, the last half dozen or more games they’ve had SPs that started the year in the minors this season. They are stacked and loaded with talent going into next season. Giants trot out 000 for an AB with the game on the line…

• djloo27 said, on September 8, 2016 at 9:38 am

The Mets also seem able to plug in guys that come from nowhere and perform…

27. snarkk said, on September 8, 2016 at 9:36 am

I heard Kuiper this morning saying they need Span to leadoff and get the team going. WTF? I agree with BF that Nunie needs to leadoff rest of the season, the guy has pop and if he gets on, look out, with that speed. He puts pressure on the defense. The Giants rarely do anything to pressure the defense to make a play. IF Span gets on, he’s not going anywhere unless somebody hits him there…

• unca_chuck said, on September 8, 2016 at 9:52 am

Fuck that. At this point Parker should be getting the starts.

28. willedav said, on September 8, 2016 at 9:39 am

Pagan 1 for last 25. He’s had a nice year overall. But I’d like to see more of Mac and Parker, especially in a yard like AZ has that maybe gets them going for the homestand.
    Also, thx to douchebacks for getting swept by LA. Love to see SF return the favor.
    And hey I realize Giants have no one but themselves to blame.

I love college football, except…at this time of year when the big boys beat up on the chump teams.
    Take a look at who Top 10 teams have scheduled this week:

Louisiana-Monroe
    Wofford
    prairie view
    Jacksonville state
    central Michigan

• sandog said, on September 8, 2016 at 9:56 am

I know USC is pretty much universally hated on this blog—and I get that. But, they NEVER put chump lower division teams on their schedule like so many other heavyweights like Ohio State, Alabama, Nebraska, LSU, and others do—and I respect them for that.
      (For some reason, I love USC) It is literally the only team other than SDSU that is from Southern California that I don’t dislike. I think it traces back to me liking that Pat Haden threw the ball to JK McKay every now and then when every other team when I was a kid ran it every damn play) I loved Anthony Davis too.

• snarkk said, on September 8, 2016 at 10:08 am

We have issues, Dawg…
        😉

• wilcojoe said, on September 8, 2016 at 9:56 am

Maybe we should start a college football blog WillieD? I don’t think I have ever been so excited about the start of a CFB season, likely due in large part to the Giants suckage. The Horns win on Monday night was the most exciting finish for me since Vince Young’s 4th and 5 TD run to win the NC in 2006 against USC.

I don’t have too big of a problem with the cupcake games as long as every team schedules at least one or two non conference games with another Power 5. Texas had Notre Dame and then we travel to Berkeley in two weeks, so I can live with UTEP this week. It’s a good opportunity to evaluate some of your younger players on the second and third end of the depth charts early in the season. Now I don’t like it when SEC teams like Bama schedule their cupcakes in October and November. That’s bullshit.

• snarkk said, on September 8, 2016 at 10:12 am

2016 strength of schedule ranks, for what it’s worth. Cal #31, Stanfoo #60, USC #5…

• willedav said, on September 8, 2016 at 10:15 am

not to take up too much more space with this here, but should be great season. Disliked UT since they used to run roughshod on the old Southwest conference, one of the great leagues of all time. But they were fun to watch and I’m glad they edged the Irish out. Any guy named Tyrone that scores game winner is cool with me.

A sports bar near where I work is being remodeled after a fire. They used to show Big 10 game early Sat and I’d see various sweatshirt wearing fans in town, from UM Purdue etc. that live here but still follow teams. Nice people.

Youkilis and his brother have opened one up in town too, microbrews etc. Have to check it out.

29. unca_chuck said, on September 8, 2016 at 9:45 am

The thing I missed on the bloop is where the hell was Gorky? The ball landed behind 2nd base. Was he that deep?

• Flavor said, on September 8, 2016 at 9:56 am

he was shaded way over into right center. The entire defensive alignment was stacked against them. Still, Pagan should have caught that ball.

• snarkk said, on September 8, 2016 at 10:06 am

Looking at replay on MLB, Gorky was so far back, his left foot was in Boulder. People are punishing Pagan, I dunno. He may have hesitated a split second, but he did a full sprint to get to it; Gorky may have been close enough for a dive, but Pagan was in the way. Pagan isn’t as fast as he was 3 years ago, he’s had hammy issues. Like the second half, that play was a strange series of unfortunate events…

• Flavor said, on September 8, 2016 at 10:16 am

Pagan is kinda at the mercy of where they position him. Still, he shoulda gotten there. I put last night’s loss more on Osich. His fuck up was way more ridiculous and it was the only thing he was asked to do. Plus, it fucked up the rest of the inning. Osich was worse than Pagan who wasn’t as bad as Santiago.

30. Flavor said, on September 8, 2016 at 10:25 am

Tebow is such an idiot. Just admit to the world now that this was nothing more than a publicity stunt.

Bob NightengaleVerified account
    ‏@BNightengale
    Sandy Alderson acknowledges that Tim Tebow won’t be available every day in instructional league because of Tebow’s ESPN broadcasting job

• wilcojoe said, on September 8, 2016 at 10:36 am

I wonder if the teams skipper will use the ol’ “Tebow is on assignment” on days he isn’t in the lineup?

31. Flavor said, on September 8, 2016 at 10:27 am

I’ll freely admit that most of my college football interest, outside of the Cardinal, was based in DFS. Now that I can’t play college DFS anymore it’s going to be tough for me to focus up on the NCAA this year (outside of the Pac 12)

32. willedav said, on September 8, 2016 at 10:40 am

Quirk of fate I found Baggarly’s Giant Splash that Zum gave a thumbs up to in lib last week.
    I’m at half way point, 2010. I know SF has been very bad lately but this was also time of Sabes closed door pull your heads out rant to his SPs for suckitude in August.
    Uribe, Rent, Cody Ross, Lincecum complete game W over Braves, Wilson vs. Ryan Howard…
    I’m just saying, Giants teams in past have found ways to do more than maybe they should have, and others less.

33. unca_chuck said, on September 8, 2016 at 10:52 am

That’s the rub. They have the starters to get to the playoffs but these close game losses are killing us. I mean shit the starters this season are light years ahead of the 2014 squad.

Talking to Chuck last night he was saying that at the start of the year we should have shored up the pen more. It is seriously biting us in the ass now.

• snarkk said, on September 8, 2016 at 12:11 pm

Supposedly, we’ve been led to believe by media reports, that the giants had oodles of young pen arms down below just reDy to come up and kick butt. But, reality is otherwise once here. Not horrible, just not great. All with foibles. And, they go out and get Gearrin , a retread, and trade for that brewer lefty supposedly who gets righties and lefties, but Bochy doesn’t leave him in against both. Plus, Giants mess around with PeavaCain horror show until absurdly intolerable, when they could have tried Blach the lefty in Sac who was kicking ass in the PCL. Doghairs bring guys up left and right from AAA and they immediately start kicking ass…

34. blade3colorado said, on September 8, 2016 at 11:37 am

I was able to meet up with Chi for a cup of joe before he left Nepal. Good to see you Chi! 🙂

• eddacker said, on September 8, 2016 at 1:14 pm

Flapper nation alive and well despite all the pain – in games and individually. Hope you are hard at it soon, Steve.

• blade3colorado said, on September 8, 2016 at 1:31 pm

Love ya Ed . . . Hope you are well my friend. 🙂

35. zumiee said, on September 8, 2016 at 11:59 am

The more I think of it, it was kind of cowardly of Bochy to replace Casilla in the 9th last night. If that’s your closer, Boch, then let him get blasted and get the blown save. Bochy saved Casilla from getting his 8th blown save by trying to rescue him with other pitchers, even though it was Casilla’s two baserunners who tied the game. Only by a scoring-rule fluke does Casilla get “saved” from getting a blown save.

• snarkk said, on September 8, 2016 at 12:15 pm

Yeah, I said earlier that I thought it not right to bring in Osich in high pressure deal there. Bochy knows that kid can be all over the place. I just want Casilla to be out of the convo for a while. This squad needs to focus on winning and hitting, not be messing around with Casillas psyche questions…

36. sandog said, on September 8, 2016 at 1:04 pm

Yeah, handing the keys to that game to Nathan had a pretty desperate “Angels in the Outfield” kind of feel to it. I don’t blame Bochy for giving that a shot, but this ain’t Hollywood and happy endings to risks like that are few and far between.

@IrishKev: if my “deck chairs” post earlier came off as mean-spirited, I apologize. I’m not down with your proposal, but I was mostly just trying to get a few laughs.

• Flavor said, on September 8, 2016 at 1:22 pm

I laughed so hard I made it POTD

• Irish Kevin said, on September 8, 2016 at 2:42 pm

My comment was to get laughs also. I never take offense to what everyone posts, I think Flav got rid of all the extremists a long time ago.

• sandog said, on September 8, 2016 at 3:17 pm

Glad to hear it!

37. wilcojoe said, on September 8, 2016 at 2:47 pm

From one of the guys on MLB Network: “which SF team will have more wins in October? The Giants or 49ers? Ouch.

38. blade3colorado said, on September 8, 2016 at 4:15 pm

Off topic . . . Do any of you have a Wells Fargo savings and/or checking account? You may want to consider closing it, after reading this:

Hilarious that WF only got fined $185 million, along with $5 million to refund customers, when you consider that WF is worth $250 billion and more important, B of A got hit with more than $77 billion in fines and penalties during the great recession (related to their mortgage shenanigans back than). WF was only fined/penalized $10.25 billion.

39. dirtnrocksnomo said, on September 8, 2016 at 4:32 pm

If this season comes down to game 162 and/or the WC play in game I’ll take it.

40. sandog said, on September 8, 2016 at 5:00 pm

Fun Fact: Star Trek debuted 50 years ago today. That show was a little before my time, but they showed reruns quite a bit on Channel 40 in Sactown when I was a kid. This was when you only had maybe 6 or 7 total TV programs to choose from at any given time, so I would watch it sometimes and be mildly amused. I actually enjoy it a bit more whenever I occasionally stumble on an old episode these days.

Do you think they had ping pong tables on The Titanic?

• blade3colorado said, on September 8, 2016 at 5:20 pm

Absolutely sandog! I think I mentioned before that I played in table tennis leagues while living in England (e.g., got my ass whipped by the #2 ranked Great Britain player. However, I was quite the player in leagues, as well as high school) . . . Anywho, the sport originated in Victorian England, where it was played among the upper-class as an after-dinner parlour game. The game was developed by British military officers in India around the 1860s, who brought it back with them to England.

Fun fact – not a paddle, but called a bat in England.

41. unca_chuck said, on September 8, 2016 at 5:43 pm

Png pong champ in8 th grade. Just about to walk in to Ted Rocks to see Bommie Raitt at red rocks.

• wilcojoe said, on September 8, 2016 at 6:10 pm

My one and only time in Denver was about 12 years ago when I won a trip to Red Rocks to see Steve Earle, Jackson Browne and Keb Mo from a local radio station in Austin. It was a gorgeous summer night as I made that trek up those endless steps but once we made our way to our seats, man what a view. What a setting! Keb Mo opened and immedielately following his set the skies went from a bright red hue to complete darkness and the most wicked thunderstorm came out of nowhere. They ended up cancelling the rest of the show and by the time we made it back to our rental car we were completely drenched.

We ended up going for drinks downtown where my wife passed out after her third cocktail, likely due to the elvevation change and all the hiking we did just getting to the ampitheatre. Would love to get back to Red Rocks someday.

• Macdog said, on September 8, 2016 at 6:40 pm

Cards losing 12-3.

• djloo27 said, on September 8, 2016 at 6:44 pm

Good, fuck them. Just get the Giants here at Citifield for the WC game and let me handle it…

• wilcojoe said, on September 8, 2016 at 6:46 pm

In Loo we trust!

• djloo27 said, on September 8, 2016 at 6:41 pm

I wouldn’t know Bonnie Raitt if she was sitting in my lap…

• blade3colorado said, on September 8, 2016 at 6:48 pm

Not your lap, but what the heck . . .

• snarkk said, on September 8, 2016 at 7:57 pm

Awesome photo reply, blade.
        I dig Bonnie Raitt’s stuff. Kind of a younger, female Willie Nelson, sorta. According to her website, she’s playing Red Rocks in Colorado right NOW. You could drive up fast and see her last few songs, blade. In Berkeley at the Greek on Sept 24…

• Flavor said, on September 8, 2016 at 8:06 pm

yeah, Unca is at the concert with his wife.

• chipower9 said, on September 9, 2016 at 10:11 am

LMAO…Good one, Blade!

42. djloo27 said, on September 8, 2016 at 7:27 pm

Fuckin’ Peyton just won’t go away. Him and his big stupid fuckin’ head are still everywhere I look…

• Macdog said, on September 8, 2016 at 7:44 pm

“It’s Peyton, it’s Peyton on Thursday evening.”

• Flavor said, on September 8, 2016 at 7:46 pm

agreed. I thought i was rid of both him AND Kobe and yet they are still everywhere. Go away already.

43. djloo27 said, on September 8, 2016 at 8:03 pm

It’s probably been discussed in Chicago, but if the Cubs win it all do they bring back Bartman for any of the festivities?

• Flavor said, on September 8, 2016 at 8:06 pm

I think the Marlins Man should have Bartman be his guest behind home plate during each game. What are the Cubs gonna do? Kick em out? I’d like to see them try…..

• djloo27 said, on September 8, 2016 at 8:18 pm

Not quite the same thing, but the Red Sox brought back Buckner.
        People love that shit…

44. djloo27 said, on September 8, 2016 at 8:07 pm

If I were in the Giants FO, I would seriously look into re-acquiring Sandoval if he was in half decent shape and the Bosox would pay a healthy chunk of his salary…

45. willedav said, on September 8, 2016 at 8:37 pm

Broncos D is impressive, not gonna be easy for rivals to get by them in division.

46. djloo27 said, on September 8, 2016 at 8:46 pm

Offsetting penalties: Intentional grounding and Attempted murder…

• willedav said, on September 8, 2016 at 8:58 pm

helmet to helmet, that’s like a suspension these days isn’t it? So many rules to keep track of.
      remember when Deacon Jones used to do that head slap move right off the line? wonder the blockers could even find the sideline…no wonder so many of these guys are messed up.

47. zumiee said, on September 8, 2016 at 8:51 pm

For some of the Bonnie Raitt tour, Richard Thompson has been the opening act, which is awesome.

48. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on September 8, 2016 at 9:29 pm

Yeah, Zum, awesome. As we’ve discussed here, Richard Thompson is one of my long-time all-time favorites, saw him numerous times, with Fairport and also solo. Also saw Bonnie Raitt and John Prine together in Princeton back in ’75, great show.

49. snarkk said, on September 8, 2016 at 10:20 pm

Star Trek 50 years old today.
    Yes, I remember seeing some of the original run episodes as a kid. It was good stuff for a kid. Fist fights, aliens dressed up, phasers, women with different colors of skin and horns and all sorts of crazy outfits, spaceships, a guy with pointy ears — what’s not to like in all that? And some of the episodes had a moral message, if you pay attention, which I may not have seen until I was old enough to figure it out. My favorite episode was (1) Trouble with Tribbles and (2) City on the Edge of Forever with Joan Collins as guest star. Any episode with Romulans and Klingons was usually good, too. I remember another one I really liked where Kirk ended up on a planet like earth, where he married a very hot Indian maiden and lived in her village for years or some stuff like that, and then eventually got beamed back to the Enterprise after figuring out the people were controlled by some machine, and the Enterprise colleagues said he had been gone for something like a minute. That was some major time/space continuum shift shit…

• zumiee said, on September 8, 2016 at 10:39 pm

Yeah, a great show, with a good balance of entertainment and thought-provoking ideas.

50. zumiee said, on September 8, 2016 at 10:37 pm

The Rockies with their usual altitude adjustment issues, losing in San Diego 14-1.

51. unca_chuck said, on September 9, 2016 at 12:42 am

I posted about 45 seconds of Richard Thompson on my FB page. He was great. Hadn’t seen him in forever. That venue is the best. I used to think the Greek In Berkeley was the greatest place to see a show, but Red Rocks is insane.

Despite the few heart attacks I nearly suffered getting a fucking beer.

52. unca_chuck said, on September 9, 2016 at 12:44 am

Snarkk, don’t know if you know this but city on the edge of forever was written by Harlan Ellison. A really great sci fi author. That is one of their best episodes. Funny thing is Ellison ‘borrowed’ the premise from ‘the man in the high castle’ by PK Dick. German wins WW II and the hilarity ensues.

• snarkk said, on September 9, 2016 at 7:57 am

Yeah, thanks Chuck. I’ve read a lot about that episode. Good sci fi doesn’t gave to involve aliens and fancy computer spaceships…