That Bullpen

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on September 20, 2016

MadBum would be a big hit in prison. “Don’t look at me. Did you look at me? Stop disrespecting me!” It’s just such a simpleton approach to interacting with other humans.

Nothing to say about last night except the Giants learned a valuable lesson this season. You can’t build a 200 million dollar team and have it backed by a 10 cent bullpen. I like a lot of the guys in our pen, believe it or not. But collectively, they are not the right mix. The sad thing is that I am worried about management’s ability to build a bullpen for *today’s game.” I get that they built one that worked for the WS years. But frankly, I think that was lucky. The bullpen of today is stacked with dudes who throw gas. We have like one dude who throws gas and his location smokes copious amounts of pole. Plus, he doesn’t have the right make up for this job.

This is the same brass that thought that fucking lefty reliever was worth Bickford AND Susac. And he couldn’t be any more non-descript.

So don’t be surprised if this happens again next year…..

1. snarkk said, on September 20, 2016 at 10:17 pm

Smith just mowed down the Dodgers in the 8th. I vote he comes in to close the 9th. Can Bochy avoid his urge to bring in somebody else?…

• sandog said, on September 20, 2016 at 10:21 pm

Dirt made a good point that Smith has settled down a bit. I think we all remember Affeldt fondly for his post season dominance, but he stunk it up on more than a few occasions over the years. I still think we overpaid for Smith, but maybe he is gonna be ok after all.

2. unca_chuck said, on September 20, 2016 at 10:21 pm

Jesus Christ. At what point does this qualify for Theatre of the Absurd?

Yet another 1-0 lead going in to the 9th? Will Will come back?

I think Bochy is resisting his urge to warm up 6 guys.

• snarkk said, on September 20, 2016 at 10:23 pm

I’m going to do it.
      My first one.
      Lulz !…

3. unca_chuck said, on September 20, 2016 at 10:22 pm

Belt!!!!

4. Macdog said, on September 20, 2016 at 10:22 pm

So now we’ll blow a 2-run lead in the 9th.

5. unca_chuck said, on September 20, 2016 at 10:23 pm

I’m not as down on Smith as I was a couple weeks ago. Moore on the other hand needs to lay off the walks.

6. unca_chuck said, on September 20, 2016 at 10:27 pm

000 should be on 2nd. Fucking ball wan in the air for 10 seconds. Stupid fuck lollygagged it.

You know what that makes him? A lollygagger!

• Macdog said, on September 20, 2016 at 10:28 pm

Yeah, I’d like to see whether he was running or watching,

• snarkk said, on September 20, 2016 at 10:33 pm

He probably didn’t want to get thrown out at second. Giants score so easily these days, he didn’t want to force the defense to make a play that could end the inning…

7. snarkk said, on September 20, 2016 at 10:29 pm

Well, I’ll join the optimism. Smith was looking great to close, now Bochy pulls him for a pinch hitter. What are the odds that actually results in more runs, as opposed to Smith nailing down the 2-0? Uh oh…

• snarkk said, on September 20, 2016 at 10:38 pm

Parker got the pinch hit, but as usual, no runs after…

8. Macdog said, on September 20, 2016 at 10:37 pm

This is as good a time as any to let the dog out.

9. snarkk said, on September 20, 2016 at 10:40 pm

I gotta find a rosary, start workin’ the beads…

10. snarkk said, on September 20, 2016 at 10:43 pm

Bochy, leaving Romo in, sayin’ fuck it, so what Ethier is a lefty.
    Why not? Bochy doesn’t want Romo laughin’ at him again…

11. Macdog said, on September 20, 2016 at 10:47 pm

Sergio!

He who laughs last gets the last three outs.

12. Macdog said, on September 20, 2016 at 10:48 pm

It’s a three-way tie!

13. snarkk said, on September 20, 2016 at 10:48 pm

Well, well. A save? Romo!
    Murph must have tied up Bochy so he couldn’t go out there and bring in everybody who had warmed up in the Pen…

14. snarkk said, on September 20, 2016 at 10:51 pm

Crawford’s dislocated pinky is on his left hand, he can still throw. For the rest of schedule, I’d take a bad-fingered Crawford over 000 with all fingers firing…

• zumiee said, on September 20, 2016 at 10:53 pm

15. zumiee said, on September 20, 2016 at 11:11 pm

Classic Dodgers- celebrate with their cutesy t-shirts, then go out and lose 2-0.

16. snarkk said, on September 20, 2016 at 11:19 pm

Where’s the Rooster?…

17. unca_chuck said, on September 20, 2016 at 11:28 pm

No shit. To both of you . . . Capon is doing a slow burn . . . at dinner. And the Dogs can choke on their t-shirts.

18. mrsprtdude said, on September 20, 2016 at 11:38 pm

Yes!! A guy got on in the 8th and Boch sat on his hands!!! Great job by Romo. A tough situation..
    A whip of 1 is world class. A guy getting a hit shouldn’t be cause for panic!!
    Our September bench may be the worst ever. We know the 5 blown saves in 9th in Sept worst of all time…and yet we are still alive. I predict, (as I stated earlier) that we will revert to the mean, and not blow another save this season!

19. zumiee said, on September 21, 2016 at 12:48 am
  20. chipower9 said, on September 21, 2016 at 7:09 am

I was tired as hell after a rough day and checked-out 5th inning (Gail was still up and I heard the call on Nunie’s HR, so got up to check that out, and went back to bed). What a pleasant surprise, the boys held on to win it.

Crawford’s injury sucks…hope he can play through that, and then I heard something about Cueto being hurt on the way in, but no details. Gotta scoot for a chiropractor appointment.

Can they take the series behind Moore? Let’s hope.

21. unca_chuck said, on September 21, 2016 at 7:17 am

Cueto with a left groin strain, Chuck.

• chipower9 said, on September 21, 2016 at 8:42 am

Thanks Charlie. That’s the shit you miss when you bail early and hit the hay.

22. willedav said, on September 21, 2016 at 7:30 am

The FLR is fine.
    But Flav is right about Nunzio, who should be permanent leadoff. He’s a free swinger not walking off the island and might get caught or picked off once in a while, but let him play. And give him 100% green light to run.

But unless he’s your CF next year I don’t see the why on Pablo coming back.

23. willedav said, on September 21, 2016 at 7:34 am

We’ll see him maybe one more time but I think there is definite pattern to how Opie works Giants hitters
    First pitch or 2 there will be a fastball, located on the black, for a strike.
    After that, no. Fastball is up where neither Belt nor Pence can hit it.

Succession of off speed pitches next, usually at bottom of/below strike zone. That killer curve or changeup, esp with 2 strikes.
    So look for that first fastball because that is probably your only decent pitch to hit.

24. unca_chuck said, on September 21, 2016 at 8:35 am

25. chipower9 said, on September 21, 2016 at 8:43 am

Happy Birthday G-Head! Hope your day is awesome and our boys bring you a W!