He’s Got Crabs

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on September 21, 2016

Cueto says it felt like his groin got bit by a crab and I have to believe there’s another way to let us know what that felt like. Kruk was gushing about Okert but this is the same guy who served up a fatty to Shimpf and now we’re supposed to trust him? Our bullpen has got some great arms but most of them are connected to some 10 cent heads.

Matty Moore Wednesday and I’ll be interested to see how he does. As far as pressure goes, this is one of his bigger starts as a Giant.

1. djloo27 said, on September 21, 2016 at 9:24 am

Maybe the season’s not over. The Mets really blow. Gotta hear how bad it is first for Crawford and Cueto.
    Romo entrenched himself as the closer from here on out. I knda like Okert – he looks like a carefree hillbilly…

2. unca_chuck said, on September 21, 2016 at 9:29 am

Maybe injuries are exactly what this team needs. They played out of their minds with 3 or 4 guys hurt. As far as Moore goes, I’d love to see him cut down on the walks. His whip is 1.4 in his starts here. 29 walks in 43 innings.

DJ, have you ever seen a stressed out hillbilly?

• chipower9 said, on September 21, 2016 at 9:53 am

They had a shitload of injuries in the first half, and plugged-and-played their way to the best record in baseball. WTF – stranger things have happened.

• chipower9 said, on September 21, 2016 at 9:54 am

Or, a stressed-out hillbilly liquored-up on shine? Weeeee Doggies!

• alleykat69 said, on September 21, 2016 at 11:33 am

Well I think he did last time he faced the Dodgers Chuck.He was one bloop hit from a no hitter..

3. chipower9 said, on September 21, 2016 at 9:52 am

Even though I said I am going to (and have) dialed-back my expectations with this team (hence, going to bed early last night during a Giant-bumbino series…WTF!), as I said, I am NOT waiving the white flag.

This team kicked some ass during the first half. Nothing would surprise me. Either them tanking rest of the way, or getting into the dance, and capturing lighting in a bottle (we’ve seen it before). Sure, this team does not seem to have the mojo of the ’10, ’12, or ’14 teams, but again…nothing would surprise me. With that said, I agree with Loo “Maybe the season’s not over.”

Carefree hillbilly…love it, but be careful…you’re talking about one (me) who was born and raised in Okla-fucking-Homa, and has relatives in Arkansas! 😉

Carry over from last thread – Happy Birthday to G-Head! Hope your day is awesome and our boys bring you a W!

• unca_chuck said, on September 21, 2016 at 9:59 am

I been meaning to ask you where that accent came from . . .

In other words, the last words to the National anthem are “Gentlemen, start your engines!”

• chipower9 said, on September 21, 2016 at 12:55 pm

Ha. Perhaps…I follow NO four-wheeled motor sports.

• Cardinal70 said, on September 21, 2016 at 12:47 pm

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with having relatives (or living) in Arkansas!

• chipower9 said, on September 21, 2016 at 12:55 pm

My dad and a number of aunts and uncles were born there, Daniel. Proud of my roots and heritage! You can take the boy outta the country, but you can’t take the country outta the boy!

4. snarkk said, on September 21, 2016 at 11:19 am

Yeah, Okert could give up a 3 run homer tonight, Kruk has a convenient short memory. Finally a save was had. No guarantee that repeats. Giants need to score more, simple as that. And, if agent 000 is supposed to have a great glove, it’s about time he shows it…

5. alleykat69 said, on September 21, 2016 at 11:30 am

Crabs are never fun your dick could fall off..😩

• chipower9 said, on September 21, 2016 at 12:57 pm

And the remedy, from what I understand, is quite painful (has something to do with fire and an ice pick)… 😉

6. djloo27 said, on September 21, 2016 at 1:56 pm

Rockies, who never help us are up 6-1 on Cards at home through 5…

7. gianthead said, on September 21, 2016 at 2:35 pm

Thanks again Chuck. Besides a Giants win, my only other wish is a good real fight with the Fodgers…concerned about Cueto. One injury we can’t live with is to any of our starters.. .of course let’s say Cueto is rested for the remainder of the year to rest that crabby groin and then maybe he is about 80% when playoffs starts (but can we make the playoffs without Cueto starting?). We could go three starters in a playoff series with Bum, Smardjaramjam and Moore and maybe Cueto secret weapon as the new closer????

Or if Cueto 100%, would Smardjaramjam be a surprise closer??? Sounds outlandish but either scenario may be the best option…thoughts???

• gianthead said, on September 21, 2016 at 2:43 pm

To further think the thought out loud for option 1, Bum would pitch the one game wild card spot and then let’s presume we go into the Nats for the divisional series.

Smardjaramjam would pitch game 1 in DC and Moore Game 2. The hope there is a split. Then Game 3 at home with Bum starting. And Smardjaramjam at home for a Game 4 series victory or Moore on the road for Game 5.

Then if we get to league champ series against the Cubs, we then have Bum ready for Game 1, Smardj Game 2 (hopefully you get a split again) in Chicago and then Moore at home for Game 3 and Bum Game 4. Which this all sets up Bum for a Game 7 on the road if it came to that.

Option 2, just flip Cueto in for Smardjaramjam…

• Macdog said, on September 21, 2016 at 3:06 pm

The wild card winner will get the Cubs.

• gianthead said, on September 21, 2016 at 3:52 pm

Yes of course, brain fart

8. zumiee said, on September 21, 2016 at 3:26 pm

Cueto’s always seemed like an injury about to happen, to me. Regardless of Kruk and Kuip talking about all his athleticism, he seems kind of pudgy to me, plus with all the gyrations he does on the mound, it just seems like it’s always possible. And Giants fans will remember that he got injured very early in the ’12 playoff series vs. the Giants, with an oblique injury, when he was with the Reds. He may have gotten the injury by aborting a wind-up when the ump gave Blanco a late timeout at the plate. That was a factor in helping the Giants win that series.

• Flavor said, on September 21, 2016 at 5:45 pm

completely agree. I’m surprised he doesn’t get hurt more often. He doesn’t look in shape at all. I’m not calling him fat, but I don’t know how much that dude works out…..

9. zumiee said, on September 21, 2016 at 5:52 pm

I’d forgotten that Cueto can opt out after the ’17 season if he so chooses.

• Flavor said, on September 21, 2016 at 6:06 pm

that’s gonna be no good for us either way. Obviously it would be worse if he sucks next year and decides to just stay and keep the $$$. If he continues to pitch well that’s gonna be a huge hole to fill. I sure hope Young Beedah continues to develop

10. unca_chuck said, on September 21, 2016 at 7:38 pm

There goes big game Matt.

11. unca_chuck said, on September 21, 2016 at 7:42 pm

Ballgame . . .

12. unca_chuck said, on September 21, 2016 at 7:45 pm

Least I can move on quickly

13. snarkk said, on September 21, 2016 at 8:03 pm

Sure is good that LA can’t hit lefties…

14. snarkk said, on September 21, 2016 at 8:07 pm

Infringing real that the runner took third from first in a single up the middle to Span. Span is dog meat, they need to ditch that putz in the offseason. Sac fly brings in the runner at third . Pathetic…

15. alleykat69 said, on September 21, 2016 at 8:08 pm

I don’t even know how they scored, just turned it on..
    But from one Matt to another Matt were taking the standard 10 count on the Matt tonight….

16. Flavor said, on September 21, 2016 at 8:16 pm

that was not good. When is Scully doing an inning?

• Flavor said, on September 21, 2016 at 8:23 pm

ah, last game of the year. Not sure why I thought it was tonight

• zumiee said, on September 21, 2016 at 8:56 pm

Wishful thinking.

• zumiee said, on September 21, 2016 at 8:57 pm

Still another week and a half of this awesome second half left.

17. Flavor said, on September 21, 2016 at 8:38 pm

• blade3colorado said, on September 21, 2016 at 9:11 pm

8-2? Yeah, With a snooze fest like this game, Dodger fans can take a siesta.

Zzzzzzzzzzz

• blade3colorado said, on September 21, 2016 at 9:14 pm

Correcto el mundo . . . 9-2. Yawn.

• alleykat69 said, on September 21, 2016 at 9:15 pm

Along with Giant fans zzzzzzzzzz😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴

18. djloo27 said, on September 21, 2016 at 9:25 pm

I just got my cock squeezed in a playground by a drunken bisexual black woman.
    I’ll be 60 in 3 months…

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on September 21, 2016 at 9:31 pm

Come to Saigon as a 60th b-day present to yourself. We don’t have very many bisexual black women here, bisexual or otherwise, plenty of other good options for you… 🙂

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on September 21, 2016 at 9:32 pm

Wow, did I mistype that one…. foggy brain this morning in the Land of Plenty.

• djloo27 said, on September 21, 2016 at 9:34 pm

Helluva an idea Paul…

• djloo27 said, on September 21, 2016 at 9:51 pm

I may need a change. This might not be working…

19. djloo27 said, on September 21, 2016 at 9:32 pm

Way to take advantage.
    Fade to Blach…

20. unca_chuck said, on September 21, 2016 at 9:37 pm

Who wants it least? Mets gain by nut playing.

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on September 21, 2016 at 9:38 pm

I dunno, it seems like it’s the Giants that are nut playing… 🙂

21. unca_chuck said, on September 21, 2016 at 9:39 pm

But playing, not playing, whatever.

22. unca_chuck said, on September 21, 2016 at 9:39 pm

Not!!!!!

• djloo27 said, on September 21, 2016 at 9:43 pm

What the fuck are you tryin’ to say, Chuck?

23. djloo27 said, on September 21, 2016 at 9:41 pm

My balls hurt. I may go to the emergency room…

• zumiee said, on September 21, 2016 at 9:42 pm

24. djloo27 said, on September 21, 2016 at 9:44 pm

My cock is nauseous…

• blade3colorado said, on September 21, 2016 at 9:51 pm

Come to ‘nam Loo. Whatever ails you, the cure is here. OK, I’m out. A sauna and steam rooms are calling my name and than something soft and young. 😉

25. unca_chuck said, on September 21, 2016 at 9:49 pm

and lost. Bravos swept them.

• djloo27 said, on September 21, 2016 at 9:53 pm

We’ll probably never meet, Chuck.
      Even though we’ve been speaking for almost a fuckin’ decade…

26. snarkk said, on September 21, 2016 at 9:55 pm

At least this one is devoid of torture.
    Winning one out of 3 at the Latrine is not a bad outcome given this squad’s proclivity to suck…

• Macdog said, on September 21, 2016 at 10:01 pm

Yeah, this is almost a welcome respite from the usual blown 9th-inning leads and 4-hit shutouts by no-name pitchers.

27. alleykat69 said, on September 21, 2016 at 10:06 pm

57-33 at the break!
    Who could of imagined we would still need 2 wins to have a winning season????

28. djloo27 said, on September 21, 2016 at 10:08 pm

Williamson couldn’t hit a fuckin’ watermelon off a tee with a goddamn paddle.
    What an absolute useless piece of elk shit…

• Macdog said, on September 21, 2016 at 10:12 pm

He was the Giants’ best player in the Yanks series.

• snarkk said, on September 21, 2016 at 10:22 pm

Maybe if he got some real playing time he’d get the swing back.
      Span — now that is a joke of an acquisition…

29. djloo27 said, on September 21, 2016 at 10:21 pm

You’re right, Mac, but does he really look like a legitimate prospect?

• Macdog said, on September 21, 2016 at 10:34 pm

Probably not.

30. snarkk said, on September 21, 2016 at 10:27 pm

I have to say, in one of the early innings. Span was in center and a guy hit a single up the middle past Moore’s head. Span charged the ball sort of in a decent fashion, but the Doghair runner at first never hesitated. He rounded second and kept going. Span picked up the single, took about 2 extra crow hops, and threw a slow, suckage throw to third that was too late, though fairly on target. I don’t think I have EVER seen a runner at first actually take third on a hard hit single up the middle without have a hit and run advantage. Span is a bad outfielder. And, he sucks at the plate, most games, regardless of the oppo starter…

31. djloo27 said, on September 21, 2016 at 10:30 pm

I don’t want to quit on them yet, mostly because the competition sucks, too.
    Anything above a split in San Diego would be gravy…

32. mrsprtdude said, on September 21, 2016 at 10:35 pm

Highlight of the game was hearing Scully announce his grocery list. I love that guy. Love his stories and am still amazed at how he can go story, game action, story so senselessly..
    Puig came to the Broadcast booth to give him so gift cleats. Scully looks up and snaps..”Don’t look at me!”

Funny shit for an 88 year old!

33. mrsprtdude said, on September 21, 2016 at 10:35 pm

seemlessly…

• djloo27 said, on September 21, 2016 at 10:41 pm

You were right the first time…

• blade3colorado said, on September 22, 2016 at 12:21 am

Actually, both of you are wrong. SEAMLESSLY.

34. mrsprtdude said, on September 21, 2016 at 11:05 pm

I wasn’t for sure:) It’s true I forgive his occasional missing a players name now and again, but he is one of the greats. The game sure wasn’t worth watching. Amazing how when we get down by a 3-4 runs we know the game is over. SOOO annoying that we can never put a crooked number up despite many chances

35. gianthead said, on September 22, 2016 at 6:54 pm

Go Phillies…

36. gianthead said, on September 22, 2016 at 7:12 pm

All I have to say about Williamson is that he almost killed me in Fenway…we need a real power hitter in left next year. I wanted Nelson Cruz or Cespedes two years ago (I did not realize this but Cruz has 37 homers this year and 93 rbis…I had no idea he has had another strong season after hitting 44 out last year with 92 rbis. And he is making just $14 mill a season. We could have easily had him.) We need a power bat hitting cleanup. Bottom line.

Then go and overspend on Melancon. The money saved on not signing Casilla, Romo and Javy Lopez leaves plenty of money to spend on Melancon. I’m not worried about Panik. I give him a pass this year with the concussion. Tomlinson should start at 2nd against all lefties. Noonan is good enough at third and reclaiming Panda if he is released is sort of positive karma. Pagan as 4th OF but money has to be spent on power bat.