An Ending And a Beginning

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on March 1, 2017

This Durant injury reminds me of Buster tearing up his ankle and being done for the season. Durant’s didn’t look as bad, probably won’t be as bad. But it’s going to be bad. I’ve got a bad, bad feeling about this. And if he’s gone I’m looking at the rest of the team with Patrick McCaw scurrying around out there, a washed up Matt Barnes now coming back, and I’m just not seeing or feeling the rest of this season.

At least we have baseball. March 1st. When I was  a kid I always called March 1st the beginning of Spring. Caused a few problems with me studies. I just told the teachers “that’s what the calendar says in Flavortown” and they didn’t ask any questions after that……

1. Bozo said, on March 1, 2017 at 6:44 am

March 1st – Giants and Dodgers on MLB TV 8:05 ET tonight. Cain vs Kazmir.
    Now we’re talkin’.

• zumiee said, on March 1, 2017 at 9:13 am

I hope Cain is feeling good and he’s close.

• Bozo said, on March 1, 2017 at 1:17 pm

I’m actually rooting for the guy, so me too. 🙂

2. chipower9 said, on March 1, 2017 at 6:51 am

Flavortown…lmao. That’s good.

Yes, looking forward to the Giants-Bums game tonight…who cares that it is ST. Giddy the fuck Up!

Thanks for the share on potential landing places for Crazy Horse, Loo. I know it probably will not happen, but I would love to see him back for one more year as our 4th OFer.

3. willedav said, on March 1, 2017 at 6:59 am

Funny you mention him, but last time GS played Kings, Matt Barnes was one of few guys who showed up for them in second half and was still going at it. He hit 3s and crashed boards. Never liked this guy but he is gritty player, and if Durant is out of LU for any length of time he’d bring different level of toughness and energy.

fwiw, Brisbee was on F/G podcast the other day. Panik is his guy too but also talked up Belt as guy drives most fans crazy every time he Ks; he’s sure any other yard Belt hits 25+ out and loves the OB. Said he’s convinced Posey will stay a C since he dominates the position. He really wanted Giants to get J D Martinez; thought LU help more of a need than elite high priced closer like Melancon.

• chipower9 said, on March 1, 2017 at 9:28 am

I beg to differ. I really thought Giants primary need was a closer, but I was also a HUGE proponent of them getting Martinez (luxury tax be damned).

4. zumiee said, on March 1, 2017 at 9:09 am

It was an unimpressive game for Williamson yesterday. He needs to be raking during Spring Training to make his case. First AB, takes a fastball down the middle for strike one, fouls off the next pitch, down 0-2, ends up making an out in the AB; next AB he checks his swing on a breaking pitch and taps the ball back to the pitcher. Didn’t look sharp in the outfield either, although I have to say hardly anyone for any team is looking sharp in the outfield with the sun obliterating their view of fly balls. And some crazy winds, too.

5. zumiee said, on March 1, 2017 at 9:12 am

How can an NBA guy just grab a guy and throw him down and basically get away with it? It was the cause of the injury to Durant; and last year in the finals, LeBron did it to Green which led to Green’s retaliation and suspension. If a player grabs another player and just throws him down, that should be a multiple game suspension.

6. chipower9 said, on March 1, 2017 at 9:32 am

My level of interest in the NBA has gone down so much, I didn’t even know Durant had got hurt.

This is the latest I have seen on his injury. Sounds like current diagnosis is Grade 2 sprained MCL and bone bruise. Out at least four weeks and maybe for two months.

Fuck it…it’s baseball season!

7. gianthead said, on March 1, 2017 at 12:21 pm

I just read a quote from Matt Barnes saying this is the greatest day in his life besides kids being born coming back to the Warriors. I live Barnes since that incredible playoff victory over the Mavericks in 2007. I think with Iggy and Barnes, we could win the Western Conference easily without KD. But hopefully KD is back by the playoffs. So pissed that I missed the start of last night’s game.

• Flavor said, on March 1, 2017 at 1:00 pm

i really wanted to see that game and was racing home but wasn’t gonna make it so I flipped on car radio and announcer is mid sentence. “….And Durant is heading to the locker room, McCaw takes his place” and then the dude never elaborated. So I was like, “WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO DURANT!!>!?!?!?!!?” and didn’t find out till I got home and scrolled through twitter. I seriously think I get about 80% of all my info/news from twitter.

8. gianthead said, on March 1, 2017 at 12:24 pm

I don’t know if I want to see Cain do poorly so they can move on and put Blach into the rotation and take the pressure of him. Blackburn hopefully continues to pitch well and shows he can move to the next level because he is the one who will be part of a package for either JD Martinez or McCutchen this summer…

• Bozo said, on March 1, 2017 at 1:11 pm

I thought Blackburn looked like shit yesterday, so yeah, I hope he turns it around enough to be part of a package.

9. unca_chuck said, on March 1, 2017 at 12:29 pm

Chuck, sorry to hear about your dogs. Such a hard thing to deal with. Even for our other dog. Maggie, our yellow lab, is acting so different without Jozie around.

10. Irish Kevin said, on March 1, 2017 at 6:25 pm

What is the consensus from the players about spring training, do they feel they need two months to get ready for the season.

• unca_chuck said, on March 1, 2017 at 7:11 pm

I don’t think the players gave any problems with it. Baseball is so much different in preparation than any other sport. It’s basically a lot of hanging around.

11. djloo27 said, on March 1, 2017 at 7:59 pm

Ferguson Jenkins might be the least talked about under appreciated Hall of Fame pitcher ever…

12. mrsprtdude said, on March 1, 2017 at 9:47 pm

Were good if Curry re learns how to shoot. Why didn’t Dubs try to get Bogut?