A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Things Have Already Gotten *Lame*

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on March 3, 2021

I didn’t hear the game but heard on the radio that Lame-onte Jr. scored our only run on a sac fly. Typical. Dude was probably born on third base thinking he hit a triple, motherfucking silver spoon in his mouth. All the while the Grave Duggar grinds it out, daily, waiting to take over.

So much for hard work paying off…..

1. Carstie Clausen said, on March 3, 2021 at 8:03 am

When it rains it pours. WHAT is going on? Giants on the verge of signing another LH reliever. Jose Alvarez, 32, has pitched for Detroit, the Angelos and the Philthys. Since 2013 he’s racked up 340+ innings with an ERA of 3.59. Tolerable stats.

But where’s the room? What’s the plan? Major or minor league contract? Two possible strategies as I see it. Already there’s been talk of occasional use of an opener and low stress/exposure for an iffy rotation by way of innings pitched by committees. We’ve already seen a touch of that in the first 3 S.T. games as everyone is getting the feel of their sea-legs. Results have been excellent in games two and three, where a raft of hurlers held off the touted LaBumbos until the last possible moment when Leone went out with a whimper. But where’s he on the list of possible moundsmen? Maybe #30.

Other main strategy may be to have the minors so stacked with relievers that when some serious contender runs a bit sparse on bullies, the Z&H scooper-uppers have half a corner on the market and can readily refill for SF needs if some successful member of the staff gets some other outfit to drooling.

Everyone but Polly wanna cracker realizes that the Giants are going exactly nowhere this season. Time to turn bargain-basement buys into useful commodities.

One thing for sure. Last season the Giants started out with one of the most unimposing bullpens in MLB. They finished the short season with a halfway decent array. Mix n’ Match, Patch n’ Scratch. Seems a pattern is developing.

2. willedav said, on March 3, 2021 at 8:10 am

Game was on local sports channel like reg season. Next one not for 2 weeks. Yes Wade singled and advanced on error, eventually coming around to score on sac fly. Luciano played SS and K’d 3 times including final out.
    Kuiper at one point said “at bat for Giants is #72” with no idea who it was; they were here in SF I guess.
    there was a shot of Jon Miller at one point early in game but idk if he was actually in AZ at stadium.

• gianthead said, on March 3, 2021 at 8:19 am

Yeah they are in SF, Kuiper made the comment end of the 6th inning…I assumed Jon Miller was in AZ when he was on camera in the booth.

3. gianthead said, on March 3, 2021 at 8:13 am

Staying up late to watch a few innings on mlb channel (started the gane about 11:15 east coast) was “titilating.” Led to sound sleep…

• gianthead said, on March 3, 2021 at 8:18 am

Just watched the at bat for Logan Wyatt who hit the sac fly… good job by that kid. Lefty on lefty and did not swing on an outside borderline 0-2 pitch and then got solid line drive that the Flodger in cf made a good diving catch…if that gets down that is 2 runs.

4. Macdog said, on March 3, 2021 at 8:31 am

Rare spring training day with no game for the Giants, that sucks.

• Flavor said, on March 3, 2021 at 8:36 am

more time for Grave Duggar to do a slow burn, continue to take names and dig graves….

• gianthead said, on March 3, 2021 at 8:38 am

He may literally have to go full Ted Bundy or Ed Kemper and start eliminating his competition….would make for a great 80s horror slasher plot.

• Winder said, on March 3, 2021 at 9:22 am

A lot of people seem to forget about Herbie Mullins. For awhile the Santa Cruz mountains area has some real doozies running around in it.

• xoot said, on March 3, 2021 at 10:05 am

I was at UCSC then

• xoot said, on March 3, 2021 at 10:06 am

Not that I’m a serial killer too

• Winder said, on March 3, 2021 at 11:11 am

xoot- UCSC must have been an interesting school during those years. When I was young I used to go the Capitola and SC quite a bit.

• xoot said, on March 3, 2021 at 11:50 am

Winder, I was there 69-73. About 3,000 students total, grad and undergrad. More redwoods than people. “It’s a cross between a hippie camp and a brothel,” I think governor Reagan said. Perfect place for me and my 2S deferment.

• Winder said, on March 3, 2021 at 12:16 pm

xoot- kinda what I remember people said it was like. It was a great time to be young.

5. Flavor said, on March 3, 2021 at 9:32 am

• djloo27 said, on March 3, 2021 at 9:38 am

There were Altobellis on Kobe’s ‘copter.
      Wonder if they were related…

• Flavor said, on March 3, 2021 at 10:27 am

i checked on that at the time they were not related.

• djloo27 said, on March 3, 2021 at 9:40 am

“seems like a long time ago”
      Well it was over 40 fuckin years ago, Marty!

• Bozo said, on March 3, 2021 at 10:21 am

I thought the same thing when I read that.

6. blade3colorado said, on March 3, 2021 at 10:27 am

Hey Winder, I remember that guy . . . After he was convicted, Mullin is noted to have had interactions with Kemper, another serial killer active in the same area and at the same time as him; the two shared adjoining cells at one point, at the California Medical Facility. Kemper recalled “Well, Mullin had a habit of singing and bothering people when somebody tried to watch TV. So I threw water on him to shut him up. Then, when he was a good boy, I’d give him some peanuts. Herbie liked peanuts. That was effective because pretty soon he asked permission to sing. That’s called behavior modification treatment.” lol

• xoot said, on March 3, 2021 at 10:47 am

I read that kemper tried to teach him chess but had to settle for checkers.

• Winder said, on March 3, 2021 at 11:12 am

I think they just load those guys up with Haldol or whatever so they are pretty much robots.

• blade3colorado said, on March 3, 2021 at 11:18 am

A bit of irony perhaps, as Mullin had numerous friends at high school and was voted “Most Likely to Succeed” by his classmates.

• xoot said, on March 3, 2021 at 11:47 am

Back in those days, in between busses, everyone hitchhiked down the hill from campus to town. Kemper waited until one or two women were alone at the stop. Eventually, he lost his disciplined approach. What a fricking monster. That year, the father of a close friend of mine bought her a bmw and convinced her to transfer to another university.

• blade3colorado said, on March 3, 2021 at 12:37 pm

. . . and “I select bachelor #1” OH OH!

• Winder said, on March 3, 2021 at 2:00 pm

Wow.

• alleykat69 said, on March 3, 2021 at 2:30 pm

Blade nice work finding this scumbag serial killer!
        I can’t believe the Dating Game did not do better back ground checks( but in the 70’s everyone was trustworthy unfortunately) fortunately the Girl after picking him felt creepy about him backstage and to her credit never went on the date with him are she probably would of ended up DEAD!!

• blade3colorado said, on March 3, 2021 at 3:05 pm

AK, I wonder how Bachelor’s #2 and #3 felt about losing to a serial killer?

lol

7. alleykat69 said, on March 3, 2021 at 10:38 am

Makes me really feel prehistoric!
    I use to see those teams under Altobelli back in 77-79
    40 fuckin years ago WOW 😳
    Loo..I believe it was determined the Altobelli’s on Kobe’s copter I’ll advised flight we’re not related..
    I think Joe Altobelli best contribution for the Giants was with the Italian section of SF and with the Alioto’s connection at Fisherman’s Wharf..
    Lean years back then winning that’s for sure!
    But go figure in 83 he wins it all managing the Orioles to a W/S championship!
    RIP Joe…

8. sandog said, on March 3, 2021 at 12:30 pm

Hey Xoot—my oldest brother was at Santa Cruz right around the same time you were. He’s 72 and went there right out of high school. One of his son’s ended up going there as well, which was kind of cool.

• willedav said, on March 3, 2021 at 12:43 pm

fun fact: second leading career scorer for the D3 Slugs came out of Asian League from San Jose in middle school. Grew to be over 6 feet. Younger days our team beat his but he killed us. At UCSC he scored 1600 points and averaged 15.5 (top 6). Might be coaching HS ball locally, as are few of his rival buddies I did coach.

• xoot said, on March 3, 2021 at 12:49 pm

When I wa there the gym was designed with a floor too small for div play. No serious sports no feats and no grades.

• xoot said, on March 3, 2021 at 12:49 pm

Frats.

• willedav said, on March 3, 2021 at 1:22 pm

this guy played 2007-11.

• xoot said, on March 3, 2021 at 12:47 pm

Wasn’t easy to get into then. I think I was some sort of diversity or aff action choice.

9. Macdog said, on March 3, 2021 at 1:43 pm

Giants are the only team that doesn’t have a HR so far in spring training.

• xoot said, on March 3, 2021 at 1:54 pm

Kruk and Kuip sort of blamed it on the dead ball last night.

10. unca_chuck said, on March 3, 2021 at 1:51 pm

Shocking!

– said no one here

11. Flavor said, on March 3, 2021 at 2:16 pm

#notdead

• Winder said, on March 3, 2021 at 3:53 pm

He’s bigger than I thought he was.

12. alleykat69 said, on March 3, 2021 at 5:16 pm

Imagine winning that date on the dating game and knowing you have a 3rd wheel, “The Dating game Chaperone” stalking over your shoulder every second?
    Think I would rather lose and get the Samsonite luggage are cheap ass cologne instead..

• snarkk said, on March 3, 2021 at 6:50 pm

Hai Karate?…

13. Macdog said, on March 3, 2021 at 9:33 pm

Kings beat LeBron-less Lakers, but tough loss for Dubs after Lillard hit 3 from Eugene and Dray offensive foul wiped out tying basket.